Volotea airline

We are thinking of booking a cruise on Dream but the air transfer to Majorca is on Volotea. We were on this airline a couple of years ago on another Thomson holiday and the condition of the plane was diabolical with badly ripped seats, we were given seats on the return flight at the back of the plane where there were no windows (I tend to be a bit claustrophobic, silly I know but I can't help it) and no food or drinks available on either flight. Does anyone know if this airline has improved more recently or will we be letting ourselves in for another flight from hell?

We are thinking of booking a cruise on Dream but the air transfer to Majorca is on Volotea.

It is a shame to miss a holiday you fancy due to the airline - and by these posts think I would want to avoid Volotea! Could you not book 'Cruise Only' and arrange your own flights with an airline you are comfortable with? https://www.tui.co.uk/cruise/cruise-only

Thanks for your comments everyone. We have thought of trying to book cruise only and booking our own flights after reading the reviews on Tripadvisor. Volotea are a Spanish low cost airline and not a good one that's for sure. We're amazed that Thomson still use them!

Thanks for your comments everyone. We have thought of trying to book cruise only and booking our own flights after reading the reviews on Tripadvisor. Volotea are a Spanish low cost airline and not a good one that's for sure. We're amazed that Thomson still use them!

We always do cruise only as we do not live in the UK. We fly a day/book a night in a good value hotel near the port so there are no worries about delayed flights. To be honest, although we live in Spain we have never heard of Volotea!

A few words of warning on booking flights and cruise separately- Not trying to put anyone off doing this, in fact it is how I book. However, there are a few things to consider.

1 check that your holiday insurance will cover this separate booking

2.Give ample time for arrivals and departure. You may not be covered if you miss your flight home or your cruise out

3. If booking the flights early check there is a back up flight. Virgin moved our return flight from Barbados a day early, we had the right to cancel the flight but by then other flight prices had climbed. Luckily we were flying home the day after the end of the cruise. If I am cruising at a long haul destination I always arrive a minimum of 2 days before the cruise start and leave a minimum of 1 day after the cruise end for return (just as well this time!)

We always do cruise only as we do not live in the UK. We fly a day/book a night in a good value hotel near the port so there are no worries about delayed flights. To be honest, although we live in Spain we have never heard of Volotea!

This is the first one I will do with Thomson (oops Marella ;p) is there any way to book the excursions before travel having booked cruise only as we don't have an on line account. If not are the trips usually full by boarding

I have never heard of them. Where do they fly from? Am surprised at Thomson using such an airline.

Thomson have used this airline for the last two year,s from Southampton and they are also going to use them for summer 2018, the aircraft used are B 717-200 and airbus 319, and have been praised by the local,s and holiday maker,s a like all ways on time on arrival and take of time and very quiet.

This is the first one I will do with Thomson (oops Marella ;p) is there any way to book the excursions before travel having booked cruise only as we don't have an on line account. If not are the trips usually full by boarding[/

Excursions can be booked here https://cruiseexcursions.tui.co.uk/ - generally a couple of pounds cheaper than if you wait until on board. Works for us having booked cruise only but we did book the cruise via the Thomson website so have a Thomson reference number; not sure if it will accept your reference number if you haven't booked through Thomson/Marella but worth a try.

This is the first one I will do with Thomson (oops Marella ;p) is there any way to book the excursions before travel having booked cruise only as we don't have an on line account. If not are the trips usually full by boarding[/

Excursions can be booked here https://cruiseexcursions.tui.co.uk/ - generally a couple of pounds cheaper than if you wait until on board. Works for us having booked cruise only but we did book the cruise via the Thomson website so have a Thomson reference number; not sure if it will accept your reference number if you haven't booked through Thomson/Marella but worth a try.

Thanks for that it seems to work. I did ask thomsoncares and they said I had to wait until on the ship :rolleyes:

Hi, this is my first post.

My wife to be and I have a cruise booked for the end of June 2018 for our honeymoon. I have looked into booking excursions but they are not available yet,

My question, when are the excursions usually available to book?

Hi, this is my first post.

My wife to be and I have a cruise booked for the end of June 2018 for our honeymoon. I have looked into booking excursions but they are not available yet,

My question, when are the excursions usually available to book?

They should be available now Have you entered your cruise ref no from your confirmation paperwork?

Excursions can now apparently only be booked 6 months in advance - we sail on 6th May and still cannot book.

Something else is now making us hesitate. I read somewhere on these boards that Marella are changing some itineraries. We have chosen the cruise we hope to book simply because of the itinerary as, I feel sure, many others will have also done.

Something else is now making us hesitate. I read somewhere on these boards that Marella are changing some itineraries. We have chosen the cruise we hope to book simply because of the itinerary as, I feel sure, many others will have also done.

As far as I am aware it is nonly our itinerary (going this Friday) that has been changed Essexlass. Departure delayed 24 hours and one port cancelled so they can paint the new 'Marella' name on the ship!!!

As far as I am aware it is nonly our itinerary (going this Friday) that has been changed Essexlass. Departure delayed 24 hours and one port cancelled so they can paint the new 'Marella' name on the ship!!!

I do hope you're right! Enjoy your cruise :)