Let's Escape aboard the Escape, LIVE October 14th!

BugsyCruiser

How fast was the internet on board? Your cruise looked amazing, the ship looks amazing. I'm trying to convince my wife to try NCL but she's reluctant because we've only cruised on RCI and Princess. She has this negative perception of NCL with all the freestyle but I think it looks great.

Thanks for another great review Chris, and safe trip home. Looking forward to your final thoughts and grades... Looks like yet another rave review for the Escape! I look forward to experiencing her for myself in December.

I can't believe it went by so quickly....didn't you just board?!? Thanks for letting us all follow along and taking the time to share your cruise with us. The waterfront dining looks amazing! I haven't been on NCL in years, but after reading your review and listening to the periscopes, I think it might be worth seriously considering them again. Safe travels home, Chris!

Hello friends! Back in Chicago and spending the night at the Holiday Inn. Will drive home in the morning. Thoughts and grades to start coming tomorrow and there might be a Periscope broadcast review.

Enjoying a drink, or two, or three....5371c0be5be80fe18e1423841341ee90.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

How fast was the internet on board? Your cruise looked amazing, the ship looks amazing. I'm trying to convince my wife to try NCL but she's reluctant because we've only cruised on RCI and Princess. She has this negative perception of NCL with all the freestyle but I think it looks great.

Hope your wife tries one of NCL's ships. We're Diamond on RCCL but have gone on 3 NCL cruises and are leaving next week on Escape. Enjoyed every one of our NCL cruises.

It's time for my thoughts and grades! Since this was my first ever NCL cruise I want to break down each part and give it a proper grade rather than just one big long post and end it with saying thanks for following along. This will also include my opinion and grade on the place I stayed at pre cruise since that was a departure from where I normally stay as well. Stay tuned!

Sent from my Samsung Tab S2 using Tapatalk

B Ocean Fort Lauderdale(pre cruise hotel)

I decided to stay in Fort Lauderdale vs. Miami due to lower prices. Even with the car service to the port it was still cheaper. I got this hotel through Hotels.com for 120 a night vs. 190 through the hotel's site. I was very impressed with the resort and felt the service was very good. I was amazed to still see how much repairing and cleaning up was being done in the area after Hurricane Irma, but I didn't encounter much that was up and running. This used to be the Yankee Clipper and when it was that it did not get very good reviews. B Resorts took it over and poured a lot of money into the place and it shows.

Liked having our own private section of the beach too. Only drawback is there's no one to assist with your luggage if your room is ready so keep this in mind if you are staying in the south or marina tower as it can be a somewhat long walk especially with a lot of luggage. The Wreck Bar was nice although I wish I could have seen the mermaid show but it sells out very quickly.

Overall grade: A minus

Would I stay there again: definitely

Sent from my Samsung Tab S2 using Tapatalk