Live - It's time to Breakaway from the everyday. Breakaway 10/22 - 10/29/2017

seadog67

DSC01699%202_zps90sfally.jpg

Good day Cruise Critics. Well it is that time again, thankfully, for the Seadogs to hit the high seas once again and Breakaway from the everyday and enjoy a sail down the east coast.

Hope you can join us as we head out today heading to:

map-BREAKAWAY8NYCPCVNPINASNYC-102516_zps0rzo1wnh.gif

We are planning on heading up the NJ Turnpike in the next hour, heading to the Manhattan Cruise Terminal:

https://www.nycruise.com/manhattan-terminal/

GettyImages_149649338-2_zpscktigcla.jpg

Sadly, this will be our first Cruise on Breakaway where we are not in the Haven....Gladly, even with booking so late, we were able to snag an Aft-Balcony, so we will see all week where we have come from :) with no idea where we are heading LOL. So no Suite Life this trip, but we are still pretty stoked to cruise this week.

So far we have 5 out of 7 Nights booked in a specialty restaurant, and one excursion booked so far for Port Canaveral, which is:

Pontoon Boat on the Banana River: (yes just call me Chet )

PCV11_shutterstock_1602135_Wtn.jpg_zpsr0teihk2.jpg

Well, I hope to keep up with this as "Live" as possible, as I do know the wifi onboard the Breakaway is only sufficient to upload pictures, so I will do my best to keep it interesting and post as many photos ( that most of us have seen plenty of already), as I can. Hope you can follow along as we invade Florida and the Bahamas!

Next post from the Joyce Kilmer Rest Stop on the NJ Turnpike!

Seadog67 out... for now.

Edited by seadog67
Spelling as usual :)

Our booking came with a Pick 2 Promotion and we choose the Ultimate Beverage Package and the Specialty Dining Plan (which allows you three Specialty Reservations during the week). We added two others as follows: La Cucina twice, Tepanyaki twice and Moderno once.

We willl forage for the final two nights, along with some main dining rooms for breakfast and the ever crowded buffet at times. We also paid for the unlimited wifi which I believe was $206 or $209 for the whole week.

See you soon from the road...

Following, we sail next Sunday on her - it's up to you to tell us the good, the so-so and the oh, it didn't matter anyway - while you are having a blast, regardless.

With 4 ships in port today and again next 2 weeks, 2 doing port of call - it's going to be busy ... let us know how the arrival & porter experience are, along with check-in & timing to board, etc. Hopefully, the MS Mike Tour in NYC aren't being a major obstacle. Unlimited ship WiFi should serve you well and it extended to GSC with coverage - speed & upload worked fine for us last year on her.

Most importantly, have a safe, smooth & pleasant week - happy cruising, regardless.

I hope you are able to tender at Great Stirrup Cay. The first two cruises the ship did with this itinerary, they were unable to tender. on the previous cruise, they were able to tender. I am sailing on the breakaway in two weeks, i am looking forward to your live review and my trip. I really really want to go to GSC

Thanks again for the well wished everyone.

While there is a lot going on today in the big city, we saw three ships in, along with the aforementioned bike race, however it was one of the easiest arrivals we have experienced into NY for a cruise, from the tunnel to parking was about 5 minutes tops.

One of our neighbors

5463b7a40268f303eb7f0139021a5cd8.jpg

There is also and Aida Ship in as well

ba370598e0e3df788f031406c0862783.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unfortunately they are having a drill that is delaying boarding, still no numbers have been called yet. Hurry up and wait .. [emoji4]

Happy sailing!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Still waiting for boarding to begin. Boarding numbers are out the window, it is free for all to board once it commences. Crew is practicing their evacuation drill we can see them all filing out on deck with their life jackets.

36a03e5b89ed57027f353c45d3b50189.jpg

Still better than a day at work [emoji4]

DSC01699%202_zps90sfally.jpg

Good day Cruise Critics. Well it is that time again, thankfully, for the Seadogs to hit the high seas once again and Breakaway from the everyday and enjoy a sail down the east coast.

Hope you can join us as we head out today heading to:

map-BREAKAWAY8NYCPCVNPINASNYC-102516_zps0rzo1wnh.gif

We are planning on heading up the NJ Turnpike in the next hour, heading to the Manhattan Cruise Terminal:

https://www.nycruise.com/manhattan-terminal/

GettyImages_149649338-2_zpscktigcla.jpg

Sadly, this will be our first Cruise on Breakaway where we are not in the Haven....Gladly, even with booking so late, we were able to snag an Aft-Balcony, so we will see all week where we have come from :) with no idea where we are heading LOL. So no Suite Life this trip, but we are still pretty stoked to cruise this week.

So far we have 5 out of 7 Nights booked in a specialty restaurant, and one excursion booked so far for Port Canaveral, which is:

Pontoon Boat on the Banana River: (yes just call me Chet )

PCV11_shutterstock_1602135_Wtn.jpg_zpsr0teihk2.jpg

Well, I hope to keep up with this as "Live" as possible, as I do know the wifi onboard the Breakaway is only sufficient to upload pictures, so I will do my best to keep it interesting and post as many photos ( that most of us have seen plenty of already), as I can. Hope you can follow along as we invade Florida and the Bahamas!

Next post from the Joyce Kilmer Rest Stop on the NJ Turnpike!

Seadog67 out... for now.

Seadog67,

Looking forward to following along live this time. Have read your last live start to finish.

Could you please post the internet package rates. We will have 3 needing internet in 2 weeks. Hoping to get 1 unlimited and 2 smaller plans. Speed and connection worked well for us last time on Breakaway.

Have a great trip.

Following, we sail next Sunday on her - it's up to you to tell us the good, the so-so and the oh, it didn't matter anyway - while you are having a blast, regardless.

With 4 ships in port today and again next 2 weeks, 2 doing port of call - it's going to be busy ... let us know how the arrival & porter experience are, along with check-in & timing to board, etc. Hopefully, the MS Mike Tour in NYC aren't being a major obstacle. Unlimited ship WiFi should serve you well and it extended to GSC with coverage - speed & upload worked fine for us last year on her.

Most importantly, have a safe, smooth & pleasant week - happy cruising, regardless.

I am on the 10/29 as well!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums