Current shows on the Pearl?

ClevelandCruisin

• 11 months later...

This posting is old, but for the benefit of soon-to-be-cruisers, here's the two most popular shows I witnessed. Just returned from our Oct 2017 Panama cruise on the Pearl:

- "Legends" show in the theatre was standing room only. Michael Jackson, Tina Turner, Elvis look-alikes performed.

- "Jim", piano, comedy, name that tune, deck 6 near the Martini bar. Played just about every night. All seating was gone about an hour before he started each session. Just an "ok" lounge player, but his dry, sarcastic, and witty sense of humor is what brought the people in!

Thanks for posting! Where there any other shows in the big theatre? Variety? Magician?

I am wondering also what to expect. We are sailing in 2 plus weeks. I am guessing there will be a magician. I don't think I have ever been on a cruise where they didn't have one. We all expect to see a comedian and a variety type show.

Thanks for posting! Where there any other shows in the big theatre? Variety? Magician?

Yes, on the Pearl, sailing Oct 7 - 21 thru Panama, there was a magician, comedy show, and a music variety show hosted by a former member of the Jersey Boys cast (can't remember his name). I only saw the latter of the three mentioned here. He did a good job, singing a variety of stuff, along with jokes and comedy.

When we were on the Pearl last spring, the magician managed to throw his back out just a few hours before the show... so there's no guarantees you're going to see anything in particular, stuff happens. They threw together a musical variety show (that was really quite good) to replace the magic show. The entertainment director was really top notch, everything was entertaining. Hope it's the same guy on your cruise.