East Caribbean ports openings

kc58ab

We received an email that San Juan had been added back to our 8 day cruise out of Fort Lauderdale sailing on Nov 25.

Had it been cancelled all together or replaced with another port? I'm wondering since they have already replaced San Juan if we are stuck in the Bahamas. I know St. Thomas is still out.

Can someone please explain the positives of returning to San Juan so quickly after a devastating hurricane? I would think there would be fewer excursions and things to do. Although I am not a fan of a Nassau port switch either.

Just curious.

Well it's just my opinion, but I think it's very important to the people of San Juan that life return to "normal" as quickly as possible. Calling in San Juan will give us as cruise passengers the opportunity to spend much needed revenue to help these people who have lost so much. If you're visiting, I'd encourage you to find a way to enjoy your port of call while providing tourist dollars to the locals that very badly need your support. Think of it as a win-win situation.

Thanks to the OP for the updated information.

Well it's just my opinion, but I think it's very important to the people of San Juan that life return to "normal" as quickly as possible. Calling in San Juan will give us as cruise passengers the opportunity to spend much needed revenue to help these people who have lost so much. If you're visiting, I'd encourage you to find a way to enjoy your port of call while providing tourist dollars to the locals that very badly need your support. Think of it as a win-win situation.

Thanks to the OP for the updated information.

I agree I'm excited to go to San Juan for exactly as you said to help the people there.

Yw I'm glad to share the info.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Forums mobile app

We have been to San Juan many times, we just love walking around the town itself and exploring on our own, so many things to just see and enjoy. Also when the locals know ships are coming into port, love to see the tents up with the local vendors selling their handmade goods in the square. I'm sure they will be glad to see patrons returning to their city and helping to recover all of their lost revenue. Can't wait to return and try to help their economy.