Elf on the Shelf going cruisin'?

hominid

Our elf's name is Charlie and he has been coming to our house for 6 years now. My oldest DS (almost 14) is still totally into finding Charlie along with his 6 year old brother. Both kids TOTALLY love Charlie:)

We are leaving a week from Saturday for a 7 night cuise to the W Carrib (we haven't told the kids, they find out when we leave next Saturday). We are on the NCL Star and we have a Family Suite so there should be plenty of room. Charlie showed up at our house last night and is up to his annual antics;) I was talking with DH tonight and he asked, "Is Charlie coming with us on the cruise?" Good question!

Should Charlie come along and hop around the cabin to keep an eye on the kiddies to make sure they are on their best behavior or should he stay back and watch the house while we cruising around in the Gulf?

Logistics of his travel might be a little tricky, but I could make it work.

What do you guys think?

Take him along, and make sure to do a photo-journal of his trip! EM

Great idea! I am deciding the same thing. We leave 12/9 on NCL Jewel 2 bed Family Suite...except we have two. Each child has their own elf to keep them in line.

Okay, gonna bring him along! I am going to call the NCL concierge desk tomorrow and ask if I can pass him to the concierge to put him in our suite BEFORE they allow everyone in the rooms. That would TOTALLY blow their minds trying to figure out how he got in there!! I'll be sure to take pictures to share with you guys!

Edited by hominid
Apparently I can't spell:)

Okay, gonna bring him along! I am going to call the NCL concierge desk tomorrow and ask if I can pass him to the concierge to put him in our suite BEFORE they allow everyone in the rooms. That would TOTALLY blow their minds trying to figure out how he got in there!! I'll be sure to take pictures to share with you guys!

I'll bet he may end up with some towel animal friends to keep him company.

• 2 weeks later...

Make sure you get Charlie his own cruise card. I made one with the cabin number for the bear that travelled with us years ago (and for Cow Moolatta-- see my avatar -- who came on our Hawaiian cruise a couple of years ago) that stayed on the neck like a lanyard, and would identify our cabin number just in case our little ones strayed onboard.

Get one of those coiled bracelets with a keyring on it for his cruise card. I travel with a doll, and she has had a cruise card on several cruises. She wears her around her neck on a ankle bracelet I don't wear...The cards will open the cabin door...But I don't allow her charging privileges! EM

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

We did Elf on the Shelf last year for the first time and the kids loved him. They named him "Zelf"

We are doing a Western Caribbean cruise on Nov. 30th and are bringing him. I know this thread is 2 years old, but maybe the OP still have pics from her cruise with her Elf. We will be in a 2 bedroom suite, so there should be plenty of places to have Zelf cause mischief in. :D

We brought Alex on our cruise last December and the kids were so surprised and excited. Of course with late nights, he forgot to change places a few times, oops!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

LOL. Yeah, I actually thought about those "late nights" also and not getting a chance to have "Zelf" move around. :D

• 2 years later...

I know this is an older thread, but I love the idea of getting the elf in our room before we get there. We are sailing Royal Caribbean in December. Does anyone know how we would go about getting the elf to the steward for placement prior to boarding? If not we will just cleverly sneak him in while the kids ooh and ahh over the cabin.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions!

I know this is an older thread, but I love the idea of getting the elf in our room before we get there. We are sailing Royal Caribbean in December. Does anyone know how we would go about getting the elf to the steward for placement prior to boarding? If not we will just cleverly sneak him in while the kids ooh and ahh over the cabin.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions!

My wife actually distracted the kids while I placed him in a spot and let them find him(Which didn't take long) They couldn't believe he beat us to the room and was coming along. It was great. I think you guys will manage, with or without the stewards help.

My wife actually distracted the kids while I placed him in a spot and let them find him(Which didn't take long) They couldn't believe he beat us to the room and was coming along. It was great. I think you guys will manage, with or without the stewards help.

Thank you! Im really excited about this trip. I think they will love finding Milo on board. =)

• 2 weeks later...

We are going on a short cruise Dec 11-2017.. I just purchased online a set of mini suitcase for Puglet to show up with in our cabin. I am planning on making a miniature beach towel, and grabbing a bit of sand (ziplock bag) from shore one day and laying her in front of the window. on the towel on the sand with a mini beach umbrella (if I can find mini sunglasses I will use them too). Cookies and milk from room service, and buying a souvenir from the shops for the last morning. On embarkation day while my DH and DD are exploring the ship I will sneak in and set it up. Same with the last morning, as he and my daughter walk out I will lag behind and throw Puglet in my carry on.

We are going on a short cruise Dec 11-2017.. I just purchased online a set of mini suitcase for Puglet to show up with in our cabin. I am planning on making a miniature beach towel, and grabbing a bit of sand (ziplock bag) from shore one day and laying her in front of the window. on the towel on the sand with a mini beach umbrella (if I can find mini sunglasses I will use them too). Cookies and milk from room service, and buying a souvenir from the shops for the last morning. On embarkation day while my DH and DD are exploring the ship I will sneak in and set it up. Same with the last morning, as he and my daughter walk out I will lag behind and throw Puglet in my carry on.

I love the mini-luggage idea!!! The cookies and milk room service sounds pretty awesome. Hope you have a wonderful cruise!