Splendor Leaving Port Everglades

RedLightVegas

Not sure why they don't just load up in FLL and come back a week later to MIA. I don't think the Jones Act would interfere as many ships sail from Florida to California. Maybe just less confusing for the passengers. Some may know better?

Not sure why they don't just load up in FLL and come back a week later to MIA. I don't think the Jones Act would interfere as many ships sail from Florida to California. Maybe just less confusing for the passengers. Some may know better?

That would of made too much sense ;)

We're sat in POM waiting on the splendor right now

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

That would of made too much sense ;)

It makes perfect sense.

First of all, departing from FLL and returning to MIA would make the trip a non closed loop cruise that would be a violation of the PVSA unless the ship visited a distant foreign port such as the ABC Islands or Cartagena Colombia and it would then require that all US passengers have a passport.

A passport is a 100% requirement when ships sail from Florida to California.

Secondly, you have hundreds of passengers with hundreds of cars parked in Ft Lauderdale who would need to arrange transportation from MIA up to FLL which is 23 miles north ... and hundreds more passengers that flew in to to FLL and would either have to shuttle up there or fly home from MIA thus making their airline flights open jaw one-way and not round trip which is generally more costly.

It makes perfect sense.

First of all, departing from FLL and returning to MIA would make the trip a non closed loop cruise that would be a violation of the PVSA unless the ship visited a distant foreign port such as the ABC Islands or Cartagena Colombia and it would then require that all US passengers have a passport.

A passport is a 100% requirement when ships sail from Florida to California.

Secondly, you have hundreds of passengers with hundreds of cars parked in Ft Lauderdale who would need to arrange transportation from MIA up to FLL which is 23 miles north ... and hundreds more passengers that flew in to to FLL and would either have to shuttle up there or fly home from MIA thus making their airline flights open jaw one-way and not round trip which is generally more costly.

Thanks for the explanation. Sounds like government fubar. Haven't found open jaw or one-way tickets vs round trip any different in years. I must be lucky and we fly to FLL or MIA at least once a year on one ways. Years ago they were always more. Maybe a result of the SWA effect.