Aqua class or drink package?

Olj4ik77

Hello

We got an offer for our upcoming cruise in november on reflection to be upgraded to aqua clas (currently we have 2A veranda cabin on the hump), but if we take it we will lose 'so called perk' of classic beverage package that we got with our 2A cabin (booking onboard). Never been to aqua class, is it worth it?

Thanks

Hello

We got an offer for our upcoming cruise in november on reflection to be upgraded to aqua clas (currently we have 2A veranda cabin on the hump), but if we take it we will lose 'so called perk' of classic beverage package that we got with our 2A cabin (booking onboard). Never been to aqua class, is it worth it?

Thanks

It depends on how much you drink and how you feel about the food in the MDR. Aqua works great with Classic package since they will always keep your wine glass fulll.

Hello

Thanks

Think it also depends on location of the Aqua cabin. Personally I would not change.

We don’t drink much (maybe a $300 bar bill at most), but do enjoy Blu and the Persian Gardens. I think I would change to Aqua and just take a couple bottles of wine on board with me. It is all up to your individual preferences. Also as another passenger stated, sometimes the A2 cabin locations are not optimal. Sailing in Nov in Aqua.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The location in on deck 11 I guess.. Not on hump.. We dont drink much, but taking into account the prices onboard the bill for drinks (wine, coffee, fresh juices) can be around 400-450.. What is about BLU and gardens? Are they worth to pay 450$?

Don’t know how long your crusie is but at most AQ is worth $30/day PP. that is because of the little extra perks that you get besides Blu and the persian Gardens.

The shower is very nice, footstools on the balcony, extra cruise points if you need them, and etc. at most we use the Persians gardens twice during a cruise and recently have been shut out a few times because of it being full when we went to use it.

We recently sailed in 1A because the cost was $450 extra PP for AQ for a 7 day crusie. We found that dining in the MDR for breakfast was just as good with the same juices, rolls being served and more choices on the menu.

Currently I see a 20% discount on the dining packs for purchase precruise. 7 nights would be $175 or $25/night. You can now use your SBC for any purchases made in advance.

It all depends on what you value or want during your cruise.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

The location in on deck 11 I guess.. Not on hump.. We dont drink much, but taking into account the prices onboard the bill for drinks (wine, coffee, fresh juices) can be around 400-450.. What is about BLU and gardens? Are they worth to pay 450$?

The food in Blu is a little better than in the MDR. The service and atmosphere are much better in Blu to the point where it is a nice experience. I know many people who absolutely love the MDR experience and find it crucial to a typical cruise experience.

My advice is to try Aqua Class this time around just to see for yourself if you like it.

Is there a cost associated with the upgrade? If so it'll be more than the cost of losing the beverage package. If you book with aqua, you will no longer be able to eat in the MDR, your assigned dining room will be blu. The Persian gardens is the spa area.

Another option if you aren't sure you want to eat in the MDR every night but want to keep the bev package is to get one of the specialty dining packages. You could get around 6 nights for the cost you are quoting.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Is there a cost associated with the upgrade? If so it'll be more than the cost of losing the beverage package. If you book with aqua, you will no longer be able to eat in the MDR, your assigned dining room will be blu. The Persian gardens is the spa area.

Another option if you aren't sure you want to eat in the MDR every night but want to keep the bev package is to get one of the specialty dining packages. You could get around 6 nights for the cost you are quoting.

No, no other costs, we already paid, the only difference if we change to aqua we lose drink package. Cruise is 14 days..

Seems like an odd offer to me. First thing I’d do is ask what cabin they are offering. Many AQ cabins are not in great locations.

You said there were no added costs. There are added costs if you have a glass of wine or soft drink.

I’d tell them I’d switch but must retain the drink package. X must have a business reason for putting this offer out to you. Maybe they oversold you category and have excess AQ cabins. Try to negotiate your best deal ... That’s what they are doing.

OK, I know we all cruise to a budget but it sounds as if you fancy trying Blu but still want a drinks package....

Could you not go for Blu then "purchase" each other a drinks package as an early Christmas present and then agree to just give each other a 'token' present on the day?

There should be a promo that gives a perk or two unless the cost for the upgrade is based on a special price.

If you do take AQ besides costing $450 the cost of a drink pack is about $800 extra PP.

For the extra amount if the upgrade is $450 or $450 PP plus $800 each for the drink pack ( total being either $2050 or $2500 ) you could upgrade to a premium pack, dine in a few speciality restaurants, get a few massages and the Persian Gardens is usually included the day of and still have money left over.

Based on my experience of always sailing in AQ and then recently sailing in 1A. I wouldn’t do the “upgrade”

Or do the upgrade and dont drink as much.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

FWIW, you can still eat in the MDR. Just let the Blu maître d know. You will go to the Select dining entrance. You can also make a select dining reservation in the MDR if you wish.

If you really only spend $300 for drinks on a 14 day cruise, you're essentially paying that $300 for the AQ upgrade, roughly $11 per person per day. That would be worth it to me. Blu is great. Less stressful than dealing with the MDR and better food and service. Plus you'll get extra Captains Club points. And if you like the Persian Garden, then free access is another big plus (I find it kinda boring but I'd rather be sipping cocktails at the pool).

Enjoy either way

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

We love AQ. We use the Persian Garden every day and like Blu very much. However, on a 14 night cruise I would stay with the beverage package. There are a limited number of passes you can buy to use the Persian Garden. They are sold on the first day. And you can always get some discounts on specialty dining. But first I would tell them you don't want to give up the beverage package and see what their response is.

I would also keep the beverage package and enjoy the different dining venues for a fee on some.

We booked our second cruise to take next year while on our first cruise last month. We wanted to be able to eat in Blu so reserved Aqua class. When I got home and realized that our cabins would be under the pool deck, I called and switched to regular Veranda rooms. The Aqua class rooms weren't too much more, but still, we can use the savings to eat in Specialty Dining if we want and this way I have other cabins above and below me.

Some of the responses have indicated you will earn additional CC Points (5 per night vs 3). That is not necessarily the case on these types of upgrades. Check it out with X before you decide if the points are important to you. Most of the time you only earn the points for the cabin you originally purchased.

Aqua 1 Deck 11 Cabin 1140 Summit NYC to Bermuda May 8, 2016.

Once you go Aqua 1 you'll never go steerage again, be warned.

In our case we were Aqua 1 with the 123GO Package & Premium Drinks Upgrade, doesn't get better than this.

27014180401_f8c0c2117f_b.jpg

CaptDave

You can still eat in the MBR if you are in Aqua Class.

Aqua 1 Deck 11 Cabin 1140 Summit NYC to Bermuda May 8, 2016.

Once you go Aqua 1 you'll never go steerage again, be warned.

In our case we were Aqua 1 with the 123GO Package & Premium Drinks Upgrade, doesn't get better than this.

27014180401_f8c0c2117f_b.jpg

CaptDave

A1 on S Class ships have some of the worst locations. Nothing like this aft A1 on M Class ships.

Thanks for all the answers. As I can see the location is not on deck 11, more to the middle.. should not be that bad.. As we have never tried ac I am really curious if it is worth additional costs (in our case costs of beverages)..