Weirdest outfit seen during a Celebrity cruise - NOT Dinner dress code issues.

Newbie545

So I was wondering as it seems from many posts Celebrity is more for an older crowd: What is the weirdest outfit/ clothing choice you've seen while on a Celebrity Cruise?

I'm not talking about jeans,shorts,T-shirts or hats in the MDR/ specialty restaurants. I'm talking about around the pools or just people randomly walking around the ship during the day.

So I was wondering as it seems from many posts Celebrity is more for an older crowd: What is the weirdest outfit/ clothing choice you've seen while on a Celebrity Cruise?

I'm not talking about jeans,shorts,T-shirts or hats in the MDR/ specialty restaurants. I'm talking about around the pools or just people randomly walking around the ship during the day.

Easy one for me! An older man came into the Solarium and went into one of the hot tubs wearing tighty whities! Not a pretty sight when he went in, but slightly frightening when he got out!:eek:

A young pregnant woman wearing a bikini. I hope she was pregnant, anyway. She was rail thin with a big baby bump. She almost looked like a model. Oh, and she was also smoking. That may have contributed to the "model" look.

Not really weird but on one cruise a lady wore a different elaborate hat (think Royal wedding) every single night and this was a 14 night cruise. She must have had a huge suitcase just to carry them.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Pax out and about the ship wearing white bathrobes[emoji33]. Who does that?? Especially in the buffet areas??

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I always wonder if they go to a restaurant or shopping area at home in their robe:rolleyes:

There was a guy who looked and dressed like Willie Nelson throughout the cruise (I can't remember if he took off the headband for formal nights). We all chuckled about it until karaoke night - he sounded like him too and blew everyone away. At least, I think he was a look-alike....clear.png?emoji-grin-1677

Not really weird but on one cruise a lady wore a different elaborate hat (think Royal wedding) every single night and this was a 14 night cruise. She must have had a huge suitcase just to carry them.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I believe we've cruised with her before. Does she also wear matching outfits?

I always wonder if they go to a restaurant or shopping area at home in their robe:rolleyes:
So strange you should ask that because only yesterday I can confirm that a young teenager was out shopping with her parent in exactly that at a store near me. Unbelievable.

However, we sailed on a TA with 2 gentlemen who dressed every night in different outfits, obviously to get attention as they would stand at the entrance of the bars or dining room waiting for people to acknowledge them. Some were really elaborate and definitely over the top. Oops just realised it wasn't Celebrity it was RCI.

So strange you should ask that because only yesterday I can confirm that a young teenager was out shopping with her parent in exactly that at a store near me. Unbelievable.

I've seen many people that go out in public in what I think are pajamas and what are obviously slippers, hair up in 'just out of the shower' wrap and sometimes even a bathrobe. I've always been taught to get dressed before leaving the house....guess that memo missed some households in the area. :o

An older lady wearing a sparkly bib in the MDR every night.

The elderly twin ladies in Luminae that dressed alike each evening. :hearteyes: They dined with one man.

I agree with the white bathrobes. My guy was a little different though. 1. The robe did not meet in the middle but he still had it tied and 2. He was wearing heavy, leather work boots at the pool!!

Weird! Why even bring heavy work boots on a cruise? Lol

Of subject, but I am heading your way this Friday for 2 weeks at Wild Dunes. This "Carolina Girl" cannot wait to get back to her roots! Hope the weather stays great! ;)

At our table in MDR, a 75+ year old lady wore a strapless gold lame (shiny thin fabric) jumpsuit trimmed in gold sequins, with a gold sequin headband across her forehead which had a big bouquet of gold silk flowers on the side of the headband. She liked gold....and sequins.

On ship excursion in Tangiers during Ramadan, a women cruiser wore a sequined baseball cap with a sequin tank top in bright blue with matching shorts. She was over 70 and should not have worn that outfit even in Fort Lauderdale in the summer.

Pax out and about the ship wearing white bathrobes[emoji33]. Who does that?? Especially in the buffet areas??

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Oh, there are MUCH worse outfits that occasionally show up in the buffet lines....several times I'd wished I'd had a beach towel or robe to give them!:rolleyes:

On a Caribbean Princess cruise.

I was on a cruise that had over 300 gays, I think the Bear Club. On formal night, one gentleman wore a tux jacket and the bottom was a wedding dress and he also had waist length dreadlocks.

On an Alaska Princess cruise.

On formal night, a gentleman wore a green suit with pink flamingo all over the suit.