Book Early Savers but don't know how to check for price reductions

Gari

Hi All,

I just booked an obstructed view balcony on the Pride that will leave out in March 2018. I have Early Savers which I understand guarantees the rate and if it goes down I get the price difference. However I have never done that before and am unclear on how to monitor the prices other than going to the Carnival site and attempting to book another ticket and seeing what price come up.

I would appreciate any advice or assistance in how folks watch for price cuts. Thanks all for your help

Also remember if you have onboard credit with your early saver fare, you might lose it if you submit a request to lower your fare.

I have an early saver cabin booked for a cruise in June. I also have $50 onboard credit in connection with this fare. My booking just decreased by $20. It’s not worth it to submit for the lower fare.

I just bookmark the page to book the sailing. Then I pop through.. 1 room, 2 guests, confirm my VIFP number and I can see prices. If the number is lower than my current I email my PVP.

It's easier than using Fare Viewer, and no captcha.

Is anyone else having trouble using the fare viewer site this weekend? Every time I attempt to use it, I get a "sorry, we're having some site problems" error message.

???

CeleBrat

This is the third day in a row I have received that same message. I am trying to check three different ships/sail dates. No luck on any of them.

Is anyone else having trouble using the fare viewer site this weekend? Every time I attempt to use it, I get a "sorry, we're having some site problems" error message.

???

CeleBrat

This is the third day in a row I have received that same message. I am trying to check three different ships/sail dates. No luck on any of them.

Yes, same here for the last two days. Makes me feel kind of silly suggesting to the OP that he/she use Fare Viewer when the thing isn't working. :mad:

Yes, same here for the last two days. Makes me feel kind of silly suggesting to the OP that he/she use Fare Viewer when the thing isn't working. :mad:

Glad to hear that it's not just me having computer issues. So, I ended up doing a mock booking this morning, and discovered a $40 price drop. Woo Hoo!

CeleBrat

Download the ship mate app & add your cruise. Once it's added there is an icon that says price alert. Click that. It's notified me twice in the last 2 weeks with price drops & carnival has adjusted it very quickly for me!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

How do I get the price reduction/credit applied to my bill? And does it come off the total as a refund, or as an onboard credit? I just downloaded the app and see a fare drop of $45.

You can call carnival directly and tell them - took me maybe 5 minutes yesterday to do it. Or there is a link at the bottom of their website that says "price protection form" - I did the form for my first price drop last week and if was applied within the hour!

You can call carnival directly and tell them - took me maybe 5 minutes yesterday to do it. Or there is a link at the bottom of their website that says "price protection form" - I did the form for my first price drop last week and if was applied within the hour!

Awesome! I'll try this tomorrow. Thank you!

How do I get the price reduction/credit applied to my bill? And does it come off the total as a refund, or as an onboard credit? I just downloaded the app and see a fare drop of $45.

Simple to just call them , done within 5 minutes and you get email confirmation before you hang up usually.

If you are not paid in full it comes off your balance due. If you are PIF you get OBC.