Iron on the Divina?

GoatMouthB

Are there irons in the rooms on the Divina, or do we have access to them?

Can you smoke on your balcony? Anyone ever do it?

I see pictures of stocked fridges on the Divina. Do you have to pay for the items in the fridge?

Thank you!

Are there irons in the rooms on the Divina, or do we have access to them? No. But there is a facility to have clothes ironed in the laundry fo a fe per item.

Can you smoke on your balcony? No! It's is strictly forbidden. It is a major fire risk and you are liable to be dumped off the ship if caught. Anyone ever do it? I don't know

I see pictures of stocked fridges on the Divina. Do you have to pay for the items in the fridge? Yes, except for the Yacht Club where it is free to have any item in there.

Thank you!

Pete

Pete ... You missed Aurea with Deluxe package re the fridge.

Anyone needing proof about the issue of smoking on balconies should watch the video on YouTube of the Star Princess Fire !

That goes for anybody with the deluxe package, Dave - not just you Aurea guys! ;p

While I'm not advocating smoking on the balconies - which is forbidden - unfortunately there are idiots who'll throw lighting butts from smoking areas on the Lido deck, too. I think the ban on smoking on balconies was more to do with other passengers' complaints.

As to the OP's question of "Anybody do it?" DH used to smoke on the balcony ('til it was outlawed) and would bring a glass of water out with him for both the ash and to douse the cigarette when finished.

I'm curious about the irons. Divina is an Italian made European ship. The cabins have both 240 and 120 volt outlets. I would deduce the ship runs a 240v system to service the cabins assuming a 15 amp breaker, 3600VA. Now your regular European iron is going to pop the breaker incurring the wrath of the crew. Now if there is a little 3600VA step down transformer providing the 120 volts, you have basically 30 amps available so a regular 1600w 120 v iron won't trip any 240 v breakers. Of course this is purely conjecture. And you wouldn't want to forget your iron and start a fire. Or use a sprinkler head as a hanger.

We purchased the drink package. I was reading in another forum that the drinks in the room are free if you have the drinks package? I only drink bottled water. The DH only drinks soda. I bought the drink package because I thought it would be cheaper than doling out cash for soda.

So I have to bring my iron, there is none they can lend to you? I mean...it's the Caribbean...linen clothes...wrinkles...I'm sure I'll need one.

I'm curious about the irons. Divina is an Italian made European ship. The cabins have both 240 and 120 volt outlets. I would deduce the ship runs a 240v system to service the cabins assuming a 15 amp breaker, 3600VA. Now your regular European iron is going to pop the breaker incurring the wrath of the crew. Now if there is a little 3600VA step down transformer providing the 120 volts, you have basically 30 amps available so a regular 1600w 120 v iron won't trip any 240 v breakers. Of course this is purely conjecture. And you wouldn't want to forget your iron and start a fire. Or use a sprinkler head as a hanger.

I wondered about the voltage as well.

I also wondered if a small travel steamer would be easier/ better. I really don't want to lug my iron.

Please don’t bring an iron or steamer onboard they are dangerous on ships and not allowed by any cruise line. You can hang clothes in the bathroom while you shower otherwise send them down to laundry to be pressed.

As for voltage you it doesn’t matter where the ship is made it is fabricated to the designers specifications. And Italy builds a lot of cruise ships for multiple lines but ships have the same power system no matter where they are fabricated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Please don’t bring an iron or steamer onboard they are dangerous on ships and not allowed by any cruise line. You can hang clothes in the bathroom while you shower otherwise send them down to laundry to be pressed.

As for voltage you it doesn’t matter where the ship is made it is fabricated to the designers specifications. And Italy builds a lot of cruise ships for multiple lines but ships have the same power system no matter where they are fabricated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Downy Wrinkle Release is better than an iron.