Cabin Door Decor

jenni belle

Do you decorate your cabin door? I've always put a magnetic sticker on our door just to make finding our cabin a bit easier. But the last couple of cruises I've been on, I've really been seeing some creativeness! I love the interactive ones. A white board for people to sign and leave messages, or whatnot. So, do you decorate? I've love to hear your ideas or see pics.

Do you decorate your cabin door? I've always put a magnetic sticker on our door just to make finding our cabin a bit easier. But the last couple of cruises I've been on, I've really been seeing some creativeness! I love the interactive ones. A white board for people to sign and leave messages, or whatnot. So, do you decorate? I've love to hear your ideas or see pics.

No I do not decorate our cabin door.

We never have, and never will. We appreciate the efforts the cruise line designers have gone through and enjoy the decor they present to us. We don't see the need to modify or dilute those designs for our own self indulgence. Besides, we never see this in hotels, so not quite sure why people feel the need to deface their doors on a cruise ship. :confused:

As for finding our stateroom - that is what the cabin numbers are for.

We never have, and never will. We appreciate the efforts the cruise line designers have gone through and enjoy the decor they present to us. We don't see the need to modify or dilute those designs for our own self indulgence. Besides, we never see this in hotels, so not quite sure why people feel the need to deface their doors on a cruise ship. :confused:

As for finding our stateroom - that is what the cabin numbers are for.

Amen to that. And the only other place in which door decorations are used to help residents find their accommodation are assisted living facilities. I can still read and understand room numbers so no junk on door for me.

I really want to decorate our cabin door for my other half's birthday - I plan to leave it up just for the day and then take it down after that. I figured I would go to the dollar store/party city to find some cute banners, but if anyone has any suggestions I'd be happy to hear them!

I really want to decorate our cabin door for my other half's birthday - I plan to leave it up just for the day and then take it down after that. I figured I would go to the dollar store/party city to find some cute banners, but if anyone has any suggestions I'd be happy to hear them!

How about doing the inside of the door? That way you can leave it up for as long as you want and will be able to see it whenever you are in the room. Decorating the outside, you will only see it when you enter or leave. Decorating the inside, you will see it all the time you are inside.

I am planning g in decorating our door. It's our first cruise, first family vacation in 6 years, and we are sailing the week of my daughter's birthday so we are going to have some fun. I have a mermaid theme planned, so there will be something mermaid-y on our door. Recently I found mermaid magnets in the Target $ spot.

July can't come soon enough!

See, I didn’t on my last cruise, but I’m thinking I might this time. Reason being, I’m visually impaired and found the cabin numbers hard to read at a distance last time, so was thinking something on the door might make my life a little easier. Going on NCL this time, do many people decorate their doors on this line?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Going on NCL this time, do many people decorate their doors on this line?

I've been on 3 NCL cruises in the past few years, and there's always a few with decorated doors. Many people have one small thing on the door like a magnetic note pad, but there's always a few with much more elaborate decor. Have fun with it!

Make sure your door is magnetic. I think most of them are, but I'm sure there are a few exceptions. Cruise lines tend to hate it when you tape stuff to their doors/walls.

Forgot to add that we also get a magnetic whiteboard to put on our door. We usually travel with my parents, my siblings and their kids so it's an easy, old school(ish) way to keep tabs on where everyone is on cruises where there isn't a free messaging app.

How about doing the inside of the door? That way you can leave it up for as long as you want and will be able to see it whenever you are in the room. Decorating the outside, you will only see it when you enter or leave. Decorating the inside, you will see it all the time you are inside.

I will decorate the inside of the cabin, too, but I know he will really enjoy seeing something on the door coming in. My plan is to "forget" something in the cabin while he goes to the bar/buffet and then quickly decorate everything so it's a surprise when he comes back... we'll see how it works out.

Make sure your door is magnetic. I think most of them are, but I'm sure there are a few exceptions. Cruise lines tend to hate it when you tape stuff to their doors/walls.

Good point! I plan on bringing lots of magnets, but in the event the door isn't magnetic, I'll just have to have the inside decorated.

I will decorate the inside of the cabin, too, but I know he will really enjoy seeing something on the door coming in. My plan is to "forget" something in the cabin while he goes to the bar/buffet and then quickly decorate everything so it's a surprise when he comes back... we'll see how it works out.

I also hoped to leave our cabin attendant a few dollars to help me decorate the inside with things i'll bring - has anyone had any luck with that? I don't know if I'm asking for too much. Even if they did a cute towel animal (do they still do that??) I would be appreciative.

When we went on our first cruise in 2013, my youngest was 6 years old. We put a note on the door saying she was on her first cruise and wanted to see where everyone was from. I'm glad I brought extra paper because she ended up getting 2 full sheets of 12x12 inch scrapbook paper FILLED with sweet little messages to her written by people from all over the world. It is a treasured keepsake for her now. It also helped her pick out her door from the endless line of cabin doors that look exactly the same!

When we went on our first cruise in 2013, my youngest was 6 years old. We put a note on the door saying she was on her first cruise and wanted to see where everyone was from. I'm glad I brought extra paper because she ended up getting 2 full sheets of 12x12 inch scrapbook paper FILLED with sweet little messages to her written by people from all over the world. It is a treasured keepsake for her now. It also helped her pick out her door from the endless line of cabin doors that look exactly the same!

Awww, I love this.:hearteyes: