Sent from my iPad using Forums

Oops - silly me! Looking for DIY hints (for someone with limited walking) on:-

• Santa Cruz, Tenerife
  • Las Palmas, Gran Canaria
  • Arrecife, Lanzarote
  • Agadir, Morocco

• Funchal, Madeira
  • Santa Cruz De La Palma, La Palma

Wed have holidayed twice in Madeira but all the other ports are new to us. We will be spending the night before we sail in Santa Cruz de Tenerife.

Many thanks.

In Santa Cruz you can take the tram to La Laguna or bus to Las Teresita beach. However, I would hire a car and drive up Teide and the north of the island with stops in places like Puerto de la Cruz, Garachico or La Orotava.

Las Palmas has lots to do. You could walk to the Las Canteras beach. Lots of bars restaurants along the promenade. Visit the Triana area or Vegueta with the lovely Spanish colonial style houses. See the Casa Colon and cathedral. Visit the Pueblo Canario and Nestor de la Torre museum in the Parque Doramas. Buses and taxis plentiful and cheap.

Arrecife hire a car and do an island tour visiting Jameos de Agua, Mirador de La Graciosa, Cueva Verde, Cesar Manrique's house, Timanfaya, El Golfo, town of Yaiza.

La Palma you could negotiate with a taxi driver at the port to take you on a tour, but there is often low cloud or rain, so I'd play it by ear. Ship's dock within walking distance of town.

If you know Madeira you may just want to take bus or taxi into the central market area. When we visited on a cruise we booked a tour with Madeira Happy Tours and had a Mercedes and guide/driver to ourselves and they were excellent.

Never been to Agadir.

For car hire in the Canaries I'd recommend CICAR a very good established company on all the islands.

In Santa Cruz you can take the tram to La Laguna or bus to Las Teresita beach. However, I would hire a car and drive up Teide and the north of the island with stops in places like Puerto de la Cruz, Garachico or La Orotava.

Las Palmas has lots to do. You could walk to the Las Canteras beach. Lots of bars restaurants along the promenade. Visit the Triana area or Vegueta with the lovely Spanish colonial style houses. See the Casa Colon and cathedral. Visit the Pueblo Canario and Nestor de la Torre museum in the Parque Doramas. Buses and taxis plentiful and cheap.

Arrecife hire a car and do an island tour visiting Jameos de Agua, Mirador de La Graciosa, Cueva Verde, Cesar Manrique's house, Timanfaya, El Golfo, town of Yaiza.

La Palma you could negotiate with a taxi driver at the port to take you on a tour, but there is often low cloud or rain, so I'd play it by ear. Ship's dock within walking distance of town.

If you know Madeira you may just want to take bus or taxi into the central market area. When we visited on a cruise we booked a tour with Madeira Happy Tours and had a Mercedes and guide/driver to ourselves and they were excellent.

Never been to Agadir.

For car hire in the Canaries I'd recommend CICAR a very good established company on all the islands.

Thanks London Towner - very useful info. Sadly, due to medical reasons, car hire is not an option but we may hire a driver for the day in some ports.