Discovery 2

spenr weeks on D2 in July continental coasts and iberian treasures. Was an an inside midship deck 2. Could not fault a thing on the ship. Fantastic staff, superb food, superb entertainment. Most ports close to the city centres or tourist buses.

The ship is beautiful.

Showteam best we've seen at sea. Cruise director lewis power Stannard is outstanding. Should be on TV. Lovely friendly ship.

One complaint. The ignorance of a minority of passengers towards the staff members. Spoke to them as if they were second rate human beings or slaves. Zero manners towards these hardworking friendly people. One afternoon the way one man spoke to a barman was disgusting. If I had been the barman he would have been wearing his precious pint of lager.

A small minority vast majority were not like this.

I have to agree with you, why oh why do the Brits abroad have to let us down, so much for Great Britishness sometimes it is shameful

Saw this behaviour over the two weeks. One time in the corridor our cabin steward was cleaning a cabin close to ours. Some self important man came marching along came to her trolley in the corridor and bellowed 'Oi! Girl. Move this thing NOW!' She smiled and did as he asked.

My revenge on the ignoramuses came in the venue on deck 5. 8 or 9 passengers none of us knew each other we're having a sociable chat. Chatting to the bar staff we learned one of the barmen had been reported to customer service for not pouring a woman's drink quickly enough. Any report is subject to a disciplinary automatically. So the entire group of us trooped off to customer service to nominate this barman as employee of the month and to praise his prompt efficient service and very friendly attitude.

Edited by Woodyb
Misspelling

Disgusted to hear about the treatment of the wonderful Thomson staff by some morons obviously new to Thomson - never seen or heard of this happening before but if I see it in the future I won't be able to keep quiet and will have to say something and maybe report them for unacceptable behaviour

Disgusted to hear about the treatment of the wonderful Thomson staff by some morons obviously new to Thomson - never seen or heard of this happening before but if I see it in the future I won't be able to keep quiet and will have to say something and maybe report them for unacceptable behaviour ����

Better still ignore them because you won't get anywhere with them. Get the name of the staff member and head to customer service to nominate the member for a honourable mention and lavish them with praise. Because they do hear about that also and it's recorded on their employee file.

What the name of the Barman? We are on next week and would like to look out for him so I can also nominate him. Would be great to get something going on here so out of nowhere he is receiving loads of nominations. On all the Thomson ships we have been on, all the staff work so hard and need recognition

What the name of the Barman? We are on next week and would like to look out for him so I can also nominate him. Would be great to get something going on here so out of nowhere he is receiving loads of nominations. On all the Thomson ships we have been on, all the staff work so hard and need recognition

To my shame I can't remember his name. The two barmen who run the bar in the venue in the evening are a joy. As its a quieter venue you get to chat to them more. I'm sue with a little bit of digging you will find out which one it was. He was genuinely upset by it.

Am returning in October for Colourful Coasts itinerary. Can't wait to see them all again.

Lewis Power Stannard is a fantastic cruise director who is a visible presence around the ship. He has time to have a chat with everyone. He is brilliant.

Talking to him one night he was saying some passengers who had been on board returned home and sent him offensive and nasty messages on social media. How these people's head work is beyond me. He is totally committed to passengers enjoying themselves. Absolute delight.

To me TUI's biggest asset are the staff, all of them.

If you like the nightly shows don't miss steel town, Beatz international and the festival show!

They had a new CD the day we boarded,,Paul something from the Majesty. He was good fun. Very sociable.

Wonder where Lewis has gone then ?!

lewis is back on the 4th of sept, paul evans is covering his break, lewis is great met him in 2010 as an ents host and he has done so well

Was so sad the sebby mercury shows started after we did our cruise, but heard they are going down so well

lewis is back on the 4th of sept, paul evans is covering his break, lewis is great met him in 2010 as an ents host and he has done so well

Was so sad the sebby mercury shows started after we did our cruise, but heard they are going down so well

Glad to hear it. We were impulsive and booked a Canary Island cruise in October so glad he will be back onboard. Seb is a very talented performer!

Glad to hear it. We were impulsive and booked a Canary Island cruise in October so glad he will be back onboard. Seb is a very talented performer!

We have done the same - were on D2s inaugural 2 weeks in May and have booked a naughty extra week in the Canaries late October. Looking forward to being back on D2 and are hoping to see Sebs show.

We have done the same - were on D2s inaugural 2 weeks in May and have booked a naughty extra week in the Canaries late October. Looking forward to being back on D2 and are hoping to see Sebs show.

We saw his shows in the live room and he did a brilliant version of nessum dorma at the farewell show in the atrium on the last night in may, I think from his facebook page the sebby mercury shows are on every week in the broadway showlounge

• 4 weeks later...
Are there fridges in single cabins?

When we were on D2 in May we were told there are only fridges in de-luxe cabins and above. Must say that this was our one gripe with the ship as personally I think a fridge is a necessity not a luxury and one should be provided whatever level of cabin you book.