Splendor Steakhouse worth it?

lasnev

Just debating whether to try it out or not on our upcoming cruise.

I am generally happy with main dining room food.

Would probably go just for seafood if available, like steak and lobster.

What is your favorite meal, including appetizers and desserts, at the Steakhouse?

Much appreciated!

We eat at the Steakhouse every night on our week long cruise, everything is excellent and including the service overall...but my favorite things to eat are the beef carpaccio, the ahi tuna tartare, jumbo shrimp cocktail, sliced sun ripened beef steak tomato, Prime NY Strip, Surf and Turf (lobster tail and filet mignon), broiled lobster tail, my father in law raves about the Lamb Chops (my other half and I don't like lamb)....oh boy amazing food here, you must go at least once!

What is your favorite meal, including appetizers and desserts, at the Steakhouse?

Much appreciated!

The New York Steak at the Splendor steakhouse was excellent when we ate there. Well worth the extra $$$.

It’s been awhile but the Splendor was one of my favorite Steakhouses. I loved the atmosphere and the set up. Food was fantastic and the service was great too.

We eat in the Steakhouse at least once a cruise.

I love the Ahi Tuna Tartare, all the salads, Surf & Turf with a side of mushrooms and the bearnaise sauce. I liked the cheesecake for dessert, but they are changing the menu and the cheesecake is going away.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Sounds like a must for a birthday dinner :)

Will I be on time to reserve once on the ship or is there a way to do it now?

And I know this is asking for a lot.....what is a good time, as to make the after dinner show?

Thanks for all the replies!

We like to check the menu for the week (@ Purser's desk) to see which night we go to the steakhouse, then make reservations. We NEVER go the first night. We like to meet our dining room staff that night.

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Forums mobile app

One advantage of visiting the steakhouse the first night or two is they sometimes offer a free bottle of wine to entice people to come. Check your Fun Times to see if they're offering it on your cruise.

Sounds like a must for a birthday dinner :)

Will I be on time to reserve once on the ship or is there a way to do it now?

And I know this is asking for a lot.....what is a good time, as to make the after dinner show?

Thanks for all the replies!

You can make a steak house reservation through your Cruise Manager on the CCL web site. If you pretty much know what night(s) you want to go, I would do it pre-cruise. Once on board your options of times might be somewhat limited but we've never had an issue getting in during our preferred times once on-board. We always dined relatively early (~6pm).

Much appreciated!

Just look at the menu and decide.

• 1 month later...
We like to check the menu for the week (@ Purser's desk) to see which night we go to the steakhouse, then make reservations. We NEVER go the first night. We like to meet our dining room staff that night.

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Forums mobile app

I have not been on a Carnival Cruise for 2 years but when you said you NEVER go on the first night it started me wondering if Carnival still offers a free bottle of wine per table if you do book for the first night. We have done this twice now and received a free bottle of wine each of those cruises. Discontinued or not? Or maybe just not well known?

We eat at the steakhouse once per cruise, after 2 cruises it is kind of a tradition for us (lol). Have not been on the Splendor but have been on the Breeze and the Valor and if it is anything close to those then I think it is worth it. Use it as a treat and a special night. I never knew a ribeye steak could be so tender and flavorful. :)

We were just on the Freedom in Nov and made a reservation for the steakhouse prior to sailing for the first night. We do normally like to meet our wait staff in the dining room but we did that on the second night and they were awesome. I don't know if we got lucky and really nice wait staff in the steakhouse or what but were not only offered either a free bottle of house wine or 50% off anything on the wine list. We chose a nice Malbec that was $15 after the discount. At the end of the meal she said if we wanted more we can have 2 each total for 50% off so we took a second opened one with us to the room and she put the other 2 in the wine cellar. We were able to ask for those in the main dining room another night. It worked out really great and the food was way better than the dining room so we are planning to book the first night again on our next cruise.

I've dined in the Steak House on two different ships, and both were well worth the cost, (Whatever the cost is now.)

That being said, I have to admit, there was more food served than my DW or I could comfortably eat! (And , I'm an "all you can eat" kind of guy!)

No matter what ship, please, try the Steak House at least once! ;)

You can make a steak house reservation through your Cruise Manager on the CCL web site. If you pretty much know what night(s) you want to go, I would do it pre-cruise. Once on board your options of times might be somewhat limited but we've never had an issue getting in during our preferred times once on-board. We always dined relatively early (~6pm).

I was just on my cruise manager and finally found a link to make a reservation at the Steakhouse but when it came to fill in the date I wanted the only years I could select from were 2014, 2015, 2016. Don't they ever update? It would not take the reservation without the year filled in and I wasn't sure what to do so I just backed out. It took ages to find the right link. Could you tell me where you found it?