Sorry for silly question,are we allowed to bring food from breakfast buffet onshore

ep1080

Hi , I like to ask a question. Because our family is not really early riser , and all the tour starts early, does NCL Jade allow you to pack some

breakfast items from buffet etc and bring in onshore with you, or is this

totally not allowed.

Also, is the water in the buffet area drinking water or we need to bring

bottled water with us. If so, after we register at the port, can we buy

it before we get on the ship , or should we buy it in supermarkets before

we even get to the port.

• 1 year later...

You cannot take anything off the ship other than something that is commerically packaged like a cereal box. Drinking water is perfectly fine on the ship. Instead of lugging water bottles, you should think about taking a water bottle and refilling. DO NOT put the bottle up to the spicot -- you glasses to refill. Isn't the Jade in Venice? Bottled water is very expensive there.

Room service is a good way to get some basics (coffee, pastries, etc) when you have an early tour. As others said, ship water is very good. I might add...sealed snacks in their orginal containers are ok to carry....just not open types of food.

I go to the store before I leave home and purchase some snacks for our trip. I get things like cheese crackers etc. Then I put 1 or 2 in my carry on bag for the flight over (lord knows you wont get anything good on an airplane) and the rest go in my suitcase. Each day I put 1 in my backpack for taking with me onshore.

As for breakfast on a early morning. The buffet will be open early, so slide in there, grab something to eat and off you go

I think we missed the point that the family does NOT want to get up early to eat so they want to take their breakfast with them.

Didn't miss that. They still have to get up early in order to get on their excursions. The room service idea is a good one -- use that as your wakeup call.

I think we missed the point that the family does NOT want to get up early to eat so they want to take their breakfast with them.

I think we missed the point that the family asked the question in 2010! Even their late risers may be fed by now:D.

There are Quarantine laws for each country, but I am amazed at the number of people who deliberately flaunt them. I guess it is not their economy they can damage with their thoughtless selfishness. Just my opinion!

There are Quarantine laws for each country, but I am amazed at the number of people who deliberately flaunt them. I guess it is not their economy they can damage with their thoughtless selfishness. Just my opinion!

I think it's more than people just don't understand what harm that piece of french toast, bagel, etc that they want to bring with them can do to another land...

Sorry it is illegal to do this. If caught the islands which prohibit this can charge huge fines. You'll see signed when getting off the ship saying food is prohibited. Maybe u can order room service on those days.

I'm not sure where you found a question from 2010 to answer. I think they have their answer by now since their cruise was two years ago.

Sorry it is illegal to do this. If caught the islands which prohibit this can charge huge fines. You'll see signed when getting off the ship saying food is prohibited. Maybe u can order room service on those days.

Interesting answering a 2 year old question like this, I hope they didn't starve.:rolleyes:

I think it's more than people just don't understand what harm that piece of french toast, bagel, etc that they want to bring with them can do to another land...

That is probably true. However, it isn't really necessary that they understand what, if any, harm can be done. They only need to understand that it is prohibited.

That is probably true. However, it isn't really necessary that they understand what, if any, harm can be done. They only need to understand that it is prohibited.

It may not be necessary but understanding the reasoning helps to encourage people to abide by the rules/laws. Sometimes, when people are simply told "No", they don't listen because it's not in their best interests to do so. Once they understand the reason for the rule, they're more likely to be less selfish.

Sure just go to Costco and buy a bunch of ziplock bags and pack them full of food for your shore trip, Than at the end of the day you can give the locals the left over food and you can feel good all night long knowing some local wont starve tonight because you took food ashore.

I'm not sure where you found a question from 2010 to answer. I think they have their answer by now since their cruise was two years ago.

That is so funny. For some reason I was just looking through the post for the day and it showed up for questions that was asked for that day, and so I answered it, just noticed that it was asked in 2010. Oh well if someone else has this question it is answered for them

Archived