Music themed cruise

My Husband will have a big birthday in 2019 and he has always wanted to do a Mississippi Music themed cruise so this will be a perfect present for him.

I have looked at the website and the itinerary, Memphis to New Orleans, looks super, has anyone done a Music themed cruise and if so do you have any advice or comments and also how far in advance do you think I need to book, also suggestions on which cabin or area of the boat is best ?

We have previously Ocean cruised and are in fact doing our first River cruise (down the Rhine) in December so river cruising is very new to us.

Hope you can help, many thanks

• 1 month later...

We are going from New Orleans to Memphis in April 2018. I would recommend booking early. I don't think 12 months is too early as they also offer some discounts for early booking. We booked in April 2017 for April 2018. Last year we waited until September to book and the type of rooms we wanted were sold out for April 2017.As we usually spend little time in our room we often go for inside rooms but away from the stern and engine noise and away from noisy areas such as show areas. Our cruise is a "food" themed cruise (whatever that is?). One additional item to consider is the weather. Summer in that area can be very warm and humid. Also hurricanes and tornados. Late fall and spring are best in my opinion

We are going from New Orleans to Memphis in April 2018. I would recommend booking early. I don't think 12 months is too early as they also offer some discounts for early booking. We booked in April 2017 for April 2018. Last year we waited until September to book and the type of rooms we wanted were sold out for April 2017.As we usually spend little time in our room we often go for inside rooms but away from the stern and engine noise and away from noisy areas such as show areas. Our cruise is a "food" themed cruise (whatever that is?). One additional item to consider is the weather. Summer in that area can be very warm and humid. Also hurricanes and tornados. Late fall and spring are best in my opinion

Thank you for that info apparently the brochure for 2019 is due out this month so it sounds like I'd better get booking :) as we'd probably go for an inside too . Hope you have a fantastic time please post a review when you're back :)