Share your Carnival Magic secret tips

kittysnme

Ok cruisers. Those of you who have sailed on the Carnival Magic, please share you tips and tricks for a fun filled cruise. Thank you in advance for sharing.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

When you first get on the ship, don’t go straight up to 10, go to 5. There are food places, coffee, seating areas, etc. A lot of people just go up to 10 and you cannot find a seat.

I've never been on the Magic, but I've been on the Breeze, and I have a cruise booked on the Magic for next year. I've been doing so much research on her, that I hope I can offer some words of advice about what I'm going to try...

The Cucina Del Capitano is FREE every day during lunch from 12-2:30pm as a pasta bar. Also don't forget about Tandoor by the aft pool and BBQ on deck 5 for lunch. From what I've read, the Taste Bar area on deck 5 also serves a light breakfast and salad bar during lunch (perhaps someone who has been on the Magic recently can confirm this?)

There is brunch in the aft MDR on sea days. It is one of my favorite things about cruising. I LOVE the tomato soup and huevos rancheros. Also, don't forget the Blue Iguana on deck 10 serves breakfast burritos and possibly huevos rancheros as well from about 7-10am.

My favorite spot to sit during the day on the Breeze was on deck 11 overlooking the main pool area. The Magic has this as well. The area is shaded with padded chairs, and it is AWESOME. But...be prepared to be there early. Most chairs were gone by 9am or so on sea days. Probably the same goes for the clam shells on the Serenity deck, although there is always plenty of other good seating available.

Speaking of seating, don't forget about deck 5. Plenty of lounge chairs and 4 hot tubs (2 on each side of the ship).

My husband and I love the shows and comedy. Be prepared to arrive early as the comedy club does tend to fill up. We did not have a big problem finding a good place to sit during the shows in the main theater, though. (We always attended the late show).

Try to avoid cabins under the galley or pool area or above anything that's open late if you are a light sleeper (example, the nightclub or piano bar). I've read some complaints of noise keeping people awake.

I hope you have a great cruise!!

We're not fans of crowds. To avoid crowds at lunch on the first day, go to Cucina Del Capitano. Sit down service and hardly anyone knows it's open for lunch so it's practically empty. Also, we don't need to see the pool when we sit/lay out. Deck 5 was perfect for us. Never crowded, in fact hardly any of the loungers were ever taken, and if we wanted a quick dip there were a few hot tubs there. We almost avoided deck 10 completely except for the occasional trip to Guys Burgers and our daily stop at the tequila bar. Subekti, the bartender there, was our favorite.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Cucina Del Capitano Does a great white clam sauce and you can add shrimps to it. Then add the pasta you want, add bread and salad too

Have fun, I do.

Atleast this is cooked fresh, it’s not sitting on the buffet. We trytohit it atleast twice on a cruise

Lido buffet....there are TWO of them. If the line is long at the first group, go all the way back towards the other pool. Lines are almost always shorter there, especially at breakfast.

Also....back by pool is the Tandoor which is awesome Indian food, open at lunch. Most people don't find it until the last couple of days. Really good stuff.

The Ropes Course.... do it on port days, when you get back on the ship a little earlier than the rest of crowd. There won't be a line. My DH loved it so much he did it twice.

If you want to try Guy’s Pig & Anchor, go on the day you board. People don’t realize it’s there (outside on deck 5) so there’s no line the first day.

Yep, this was true on the Vista as well.

In fairness, even when there WAS a line, it moved pretty quickly. Not quite as quickly as Guy's Burgers, but it wasn't terrible.

On Embark day, go upstairs to the Captain's Pasta Bar (Cucina Del Capitano). You have to go into the Lido Marketplace and then go upstairs. No one was there when we went and it was great to have our first meal served to us instead of fighting the masses with all their carry-ons!

Also, if you like salads there is a great salad bar set up outside the Red Frog Pub on Deck 5. Opened at lunch time.

Cucina Del Capitano Does a great white clam sauce and you can add shrimps to it. Then add the pasta you want, add bread and salad too

Have fun, I do.

Atleast this is cooked fresh, it’s not sitting on the buffet. We trytohit it atleast twice on a cruise

Where is the Cucina Del Capitano on the Magic? I couldn't find it on the deck plan. Thanks :)

It is accessible from the Lido buffet area on Deck 10. It's actually one level above that but is only accessible from the buffet area.

This post may have been entered by voice recognition. Please excuse any typographical errors.

It is accessible from the Lido buffet area on Deck 10. It's actually one level above that but is only accessible from the buffet area.

This post may have been entered by voice recognition. Please excuse any typographical errors.

It’s also accessible from the rear elevators of Deck 11; although, I don’t know if those elevators are available for guest use during embarkation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is there a Deli on the Magic?

According to a social media group I'm a member of, yes. The menu just changed at the end of October. Regular items include a tomato and mozzarella sandwich, turkey with avocado, buffalo fried chicken, meat balls, blt, pastrami, and tuna; grilled ham and cheese, grilled cheese, Reuben, and Cuban; southwest chicken wrap, turkey wrap, falafel wrap.

Tandoor grill is by far the best food on the ship but only open for lunch time I believe...we always get early room service with coffee, pastries, fruit and bagels to watch the sun rise on our balcony so once we are dressed and ready to have a little something around 8:00 AM, we go to the Ocean Plaza area on deck 5...they have a moderate assortment of items for a little something extra to eat without going to Lido for the breakfast...no one is ever there (read: no lines)....the library or the tables in front of Red Frog are great places to get a card or board game going and we always had many takers....fun with so many different people joining in....the taste bar was a great place to try things or get a little something while waiting for dinner (early seating or YTD dinner)...Magic is our fav ship and we will miss her when she leaves PC next year but we have a couple more trips on her coming up to get our fill :D...Have a Blast!!!!