Summit Menus from Nov 11 & 18 Cruises

Mercruiser

Yummy! Thx for doing this, OP. Glad to see prime rib is still offered the first evening.

Expecting lobster and beef wellington for day two, when you realize you republished day one.

Have a great cruise.

Thanks for posting these menus :)

It's strange, but this looks like the exact same menu from our Bermuda cruise in 2015! Do they not change the menus?

That would be a big fat bingo; and Mr. B. and I are glad they don't.

I did notice that Day Three is a tad disappointing. Perhaps that one has actually been changed. Seems like a good time for a specialty, for whoever likes them.

Sometimes we suspect they put a few of the more expensive choices on one evening, to minimize the "damage" to the budget! Or, perhaps I should say, to maximize the shareholders' pleasure.

The Rack of Lamb is one of the best dishes. It is as good as what's served in a nice restaurant.

Crabcake appetizer is same as Tuscan Grill, but very small, about the size of an Oreo. Order it and something else.

French onion soup is great. As is escargot

Ceasar salad is a bit disappointing - it's like they are using Kraft grated Parmesan from the green can.

Blue cheese souffle appetizer is very good.

Lobster is one of the best mains.

Branzino fish is good. Trout is good.

Chicken chaquita was a nice surprise. Its like tropical variant on chicken cordon blue, but with banana inside.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Forums mobile app

The Rack of Lamb is one of the best dishes. It is as good as what's served in a nice restaurant.

Crabcake appetizer is same as Tuscan Grill, but very small, about the size of an Oreo. Order it and something else.

French onion soup is great. As is escargot

Ceasar salad is a bit disappointing - it's like they are using Kraft grated Parmesan from the green can.

Blue cheese souffle appetizer is very good.

Lobster is one of the best mains.

Branzino fish is good. Trout is good.

Chicken chaquita was a nice surprise. Its like tropical variant on chicken cordon blue, but with banana inside.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Forums mobile app

Thx for this great synopsis! Most of the things you mentioned as being especially good are things I normally order, so this makes me very happy.

I really appreciate this thread, merc. Happy Thanksgiving!

• 3 months later...
So is lobster only available on formal nights? DH loves lobster but is trying to avoid bringing a suit on our trip--we may have to forgo the formal night! :o

From all the dress code threads I’ve read here, totaling hundreds of posts I’ve garnered a couple of consistencies, as follows:

Celebrity no longer has formal nights. They now call them Evening Chic. And the dress code suggestions are much more relaxed.

Suits and tuxes are no longer ‘required’. It’s been reported here that almost any type dress has been seen in the MDR on any night. Very little, if any enforcement has been viewed by first hand posters.

Bottom line: no need to miss lobster.

Harvey