Specialty Dining Package Times - Help!

BridgeMates

We bought a dining package. They gave us an 8:30 time. I thought that was only for the first night but now it seems I'm mistaken and we're stuck with that for every night unless they are willing to change on-board. I thought we'd be able to make reservations depending on when we want to eat. Is my best option to just cancel the package and see what we can get on board the ship? We're leaving Sunday so I hope I can still cancel today if necessary.

Appreciate your quick responses.

Sandy

Keep the package. Go to Murano the first thing on embarkation and have the maitre'd there set up your daily times for all of the restaurants . No problem getting times you rant at all. Has worked for us the past three cruises.

We're leaving Sunday so I hope I can still cancel today if necessary. Appreciate your quick responses.

I too am relatively confident that you will be able to reschedule your Specialty Dining times [suggest you see the Maitre 'D of the Specialty Restaurant at which you will first be dining]--or cancel your Dining Package purchase in its entirety [at Guest Relations]--once aboard... And as also suggested in the previous response, it is important that you do so promptly after boarding...

That said, you have already passed the deadline for accomplishing pre-cruise shore-side transactions--via internet or by phone--if you are sailing on Sunday [assuming that you are "leaving" on the day the ship is sailing]... The ability to make or cancel advance purchases [via the website or phone] and/or complete the advance check-in process [via the website] closes two full days prior to embarkation date...

For example, I am sailing on 2 December... My corridor for making/cancelling purchases or completing on-line check-in prior to departure closes on Wednesday, 29 November... In your case--assuming you are embarking the ship on 26 November--the opportunity to do such things would have ended on Thursday, 22 November [yesterday; I believe that Celebrity uses Eastern Time]...

Enjoy your cruise...

Your aren’t stuck with 8:30 for every night that is the time for your first dinner. Not sure who told you that for all but once on the ship you make your reservations for the restaurants you want and the times you want. This can be done at Murano as FLJudi suggested. In addition there is a person before you board the ship who is taking reservations for the speciality restaurants and also just outside the buffet there are people who can also book your reservations.