Looking for a 7-9 day cruise with ports in England, Scotland, and Ireland

Merry Mex

Go onto www.cruisetimetables.com then click on 'Southampton' under Departure Ports. Then click on any dates you're thinking about and see what cruises come up. Southampton is the 'Main' departure port for cruises from the UK. You could also try Bristol, Liverpool & Newcastle if you don't mind cruising on smaller, older sips.

Unfortunately, not all cruises from Southampton are 'Round UK' cruises, so it will be trial and error. Most 'Round UK' cruises operate between May & September.

You don't say which year?

All I can give you for an idea of ports in 2019 is on Cunard Queen Victoria but they are both 12 nights, (roundtrips from Southampton)

4-16 June - Greenock, Oban, Isle of Skye, Kirkwall, Dublin, Liverpool, Cobh, St Peter Port – 12 nights

11-23 August – Newcastle, Edinburgh, Invergordon, Greenock, Belfast, Liverpool, St Peter Port – 12 nights

Google "Cruise & Maritime Round Britain"... they're doing lots, over several months, using many different starting ports including Tilbury near London, and ones in Scotland, Ireland and Wales. We're looking at one from Newcastle, in north east England next June, which goes right around the islands, and also sails up the river Seine in France, to Rouen, before returning to Newcastle.

These are older, small ships, with low prices, but which have great itineraries. They're also adult only, if you were thinking of bringing children.

I've blasted through the usual suspects, there are stacks of round-Britain cruises - NCL, P&O, Princess, Celebrity etc plus the little lines like C&M that Jo mentioned - but all are a minimum of 12 nights, except for

Oceania 5th Aug next year, from Southampton. 10 nights and includes 3 ports in Scotland & 2 in the Irish Republic.

Sit down before checking prices ;)

I don't think you'll find what you want for 7 to 9 nights.

Can you stretch that to 12 nights?

If so there are plenty.

JB :)

Does your departure port need to be UK? Royal Caribbean does a 12 night British Isles cruise leaving from Amsterdam on Brilliance of the Seas: Amsterdam, Netherlands; Edinburgh, Scotland; Inverness/Loch Ness, Scotland; Glasgow (Greenock), Scotland; Dublin, Ireland; Dublin, Ireland; Holyhead, Wales; St. Peter Port (Guernsey), Channel Islands; Dover, England; Amsterdam, Netherlands

Please see the 7 night Disney Magic British Isles Cruise that departs from Dover on September 2nd of this year, which we happen to be taking.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Ooops, missed that one :o

Convinced that a round-Britain can't be done in 7 days, I checked it out to see which it missed - Ireland or Scotland.:rolleyes:

It misses neither. :)

In fact, two ports in the Rep of Ireland.

It doesn't circumnavigate the British Isles (it runs up the Irish Sea and back), and being Disney, it's quite expensive.

But for a 7-day itinerary it does a pretty decent job.

JB :)