Blue Lagoon Question

Honestly, no. Not if you have limited time in the country. It's pretty, but you can see it in pictures. I'd spend your time sight seeing other areas - Golden Circle, south coast, etc.

There is a small trail thru the lava field, that is an interesting walk. I'm just not sure it is interesting enough to go out of your way just for that.

I agree with everyone else. If you're not going in the water, nope. It's fairly expensive and not particularly convenient unless you're en route to/from the airport.

If you're more interested in the power plant itself (the Blue Lagoon isn't a natural spring; it's created by the run-off from the nearby geothermal power plant), one of the other plants in the area has a visitor's center.

Perhaps this is a silly question. Would it be worthwhile to go to the Blue Lagoon even we don't plan to go into the water or have a spa treatment?

No not worth it. It is barely worth going even if you are going into the water. It is not a natural lagoon and is fed with run off from the geothermal plant. The water is tepid at best with cold areas and it is crowded with tourists.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

No not worth it. It is barely worth going even if you are going into the water. It is not a natural lagoon and is fed with run off from the geothermal plant. The water is tepid at best with cold areas and it is crowded with tourists.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The bolded is true. And it is mostly tourists, most of whom love the experience (look at the ratings on TripAdvisor and elsewhere). But they limit capacity so you can always find an empty area, and the only time the water gets cold is when there are strong winds -- but you can always go to the areas where the hot water is pumped in to find heat.