Bound for boatny bay.

Yeah, the NIMBY argument. "

While we’re not against tourism or cruise ships, we don’t believe that the position of these two terminals is right for not only our area

, but for Sydney

."

In an area already with a lot of road and sea traffic thanks to the heavy container terminal presence, and near to the airport. And disregarding the findings showing it was a better area than alternative. LOL.

I would think they would want a piece of the action rather than being opposed to it.

They mention Molineaux Point and Yarra Bay in that article and on Google Earth I can't see much room for passenger ships at either place.

It wouldn't be too difficult but it will cost a bit to have the proper infrastructure in place for the terminal and the ships. Transport is not too far away.:D

I grew up in La Perouse and I'm currently receiving a lot of messages on FB regarding the cruise terminal proposal from friends that still live there. They aren't happy.

Maybe Kurnell should be considered. Quick bus ride to Cronulla (or the Nulla as we refer to it here) Station then a 40 minute train ride to the city.

Regards Elaine.

I wonder if the new prime minister who lives in the Sutherland shire will affect things.

He might fund a new cruise terminal @ Kurnell, between the oil refinery and the desalination plant.

Deep water, the tankers berth there and all in 'Gods Country' The Shire, where I resided 1975-2005.:halo:

Put in a rail link between Kurnell and Woolooware Station on the Cronulla - City Line.

He might fund a new cruise terminal @ Kurnell, between the oil refinery and the desalination plant.

Deep water, the tankers berth there and all in 'Gods Country' The Shire, where I resided 1975-2005.:halo:

Put in a rail link between Kurnell and Woolooware Station on the Cronulla - City Line.

Why not move the navy to Kurnell

But SCOTMO is not a 'real shire boi.' He was born and raised in the Eastern Suburbs of Sydney, Bronte/Waverley. But now resides in the Garden Suburbs of the Shire.

I actually knew his father years ago, he wore the blue suit with the silver buttons.:halo:

But back to the thread, Kurnell is the go.:*

But SCOTMO is not a 'real shire boi.' He was born and raised in the Eastern Suburbs of Sydney, Bronte/Waverley. But now resides in the Garden Suburbs of the Shire.

I actually knew his father years ago, he wore the blue suit with the silver buttons.:halo:

But back to the thread, Kurnell is the go.:*

Kurnell is the go for something.

Looking at satellite images the water looks shallow

As for new PM, in line with their ideology, maybe they'll consider new port power will cause an increase in price of electricity, so it has to go as well.

Unless they can find a way to build a coal plant inside it as well.

Or maybe their right wing will become even more aggro since they didn't get their candidate, resurrect their "stop the boats" mantra and he kowtows to cancel the terminal for party 'harmony' (as if that ever happens with those kiddies).

Most likely stagnate the decision until there is time for the new people to not make a decision.:(
How about cutting a canal from Sydney Harbour through to Lake Burley Griffin in Canberra, build a cruise terminal there, then people from NATCAP like Uncle Mic, can go down and see the ships.:')

How about cutting a canal from Sydney Harbour through to Lake Burley Griffin in Canberra, build a cruise terminal there, then people from NATCAP like Uncle Mic, can go down and see the ships.:')
OK finally a viable option!

Cheers