Bound for boatny bay.

Malcolm has ruled out using or even sharing Garden Island so the NSW gov and cruise line bosses are now looking at Yarra bay and Molineaux Point as possible ports for a new Cruise terminal for the mega ships and the overflow.https://myaccount.news.com.au/sites/dailytelegraph/subscribe.html?sourceCode=DTWEB_WRE170_a&mode=premium&dest=https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/nsw/cruise-industry-turns-to-semiindustrial-base-as-pm-rules-out-harbour-berth/news-story/736fb8d2fb92666890bc635d12a0d986&memtype=anonymous

Not holding my breath for anything to happen.

If they’re not careful they’ll kill the golden goose.

Without a roost , the goose will stop laying .

The indecision is now effecting all cruising in the South Pacific . Sydney always has been and always will be the hub on which cruise lines hang their future planning.

Malcolm has ruled out using or even sharing Garden Island so the NSW gov and cruise line bosses are now looking at Yarra bay and Molineaux Point as possible ports for a new Cruise terminal for the mega ships and the overflow.

If they are moving to Botany Bay, the obvious place to put the ships is between the runways at Sydney Airport.;p

Think of how much time would be saved on transfers!

Don't worry about the overflow, if Sydney doesn't want the business, Brisbane is more than happy to take over with Luggage Point. Closer to the tropics and almost the same distance to NZ.

Without a roost , the goose will stop laying .

The indecision is now effecting all cruising in the South Pacific . Sydney always has been and always will be the hub on which cruise lines hang their future planning.

Exactly as the cruise lines may well move to another region if their profits are affected.

If they are moving to Botany Bay, the obvious place to put the ships is between the runways at Sydney Airport.;p

Think of how much time would be saved on transfers!

Don't worry about the overflow, if Sydney doesn't want the business, Brisbane is more than happy to take over with Luggage Point. Closer to the tropics and almost the same distance to NZ.

I see this as the main motivation for the NSW gov to get something sorted.

They could build a big styrofoam opera house with a McDonald’s in it and harbour bridge water slide.

Maybe we will get oasis class then.

Recycled plastic would be a better material to use if building artificial landmarks.;p

Public Transport is fairly close at Mascot but they would still need a shuttle bus service as it is too far to walk.

I’m not sure there’s enough public transport to service both the airport and the terminal, indeed not sure there is enough hotel accommodation either.

But time will tell I guess.

I imagine they’d then flog off White Bay and the OPT which would go a long way towards paying for a new terminal.

Here is the ABC's take: http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-07-29/sydney-harbour-cruise-ships-in-botany-bay/10048796

Quote: "Mr Marshall said Sydney was "unique in the international cruise industry" for having an overseas passenger terminal in the heart of the city."That will continue to operate, we will continue to increase capacity at that terminal, but at the same time we need to build new facilities to cater for the overflow for the peak season," he said.

The NSW Government said it was also looking at developing ports in other regional towns, including Eden, Newcastle and Port Kembla."

Here is the ABC's take: http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-07-29/sydney-harbour-cruise-ships-in-botany-bay/10048796

Quote: "Mr Marshall said Sydney was "unique in the international cruise industry" for having an overseas passenger terminal in the heart of the city."That will continue to operate, we will continue to increase capacity at that terminal, but at the same time we need to build new facilities to cater for the overflow for the peak season," he said.

The NSW Government said it was also looking at developing ports in other regional towns, including Eden, Newcastle and Port Kembla."

Maybe the lines will start arriving in Sydney the last night anchor and then move the last morning to incorporate the harbour into their cruises.

Is that apart from Auckland, San Francisco, Honolulu and numerous other unique ports?

I’m not sure there’s enough public transport to service both the airport and the terminal, indeed not sure there is enough hotel accommodation either.

But time will tell I guess.

I imagine they’d then flog off White Bay and the OPT which would go a long way towards paying for a new terminal.

There would be plenty of trains for the airport and the any cruise terminal traffic, as Mascot is on the same line. Plenty or airport hotels between Mascot and the airport as well.

I doubt they will ever get rid of CQ. CQ will always be the first choice for any ship, and I think White bay would still be used for the ships that fit under the bridge while there are any needing dock facilities. I see Botany Bay as the overflow dock (when the others are booked out) and also for the mega ships.

Great work, I know that they are looking at extending the wharf for ships at Eden.:D

Is that apart from Auckland, San Francisco, Honolulu and numerous other unique ports?

Yes, it is as unique as all the others that can dock in the City. Barcelona, New York, Tilbury, Liverpool, Bergen, Stavanger, Tallinn, St Petersburg, Stockholm, Noumea, ............

Gotta love if we get it here in NEWCASTLE. Trains go to with-in 2 km's of where new Cruise terminal is getting build. Airport is only 15-20 mins away also. It's now international with Flights to NZ 4 times a week.. Very busy port being the world's largest Coal port.. Plus I could walk to the Passenger terminal.. Lol.

Even GUT & BY The Bay would love it also. Lol

Gotta love if we get it here in NEWCASTLE. Trains go to with-in 2 km's of where new Cruise terminal is getting build. Airport is only 15-20 mins away also. It's now international with Flights to NZ 4 times a week.. Very busy port being the world's largest Coal port.. Plus I could walk to the Passenger terminal.. Lol.

Even GUT & BY The Bay would love it also. Lol

I am sure there would be many more as well.

Its a shame but not surprising at all. Perhaps we will see a proper cruise facility at GI in 50 years time, but in the meantime its time to start putting in some proper effort to develop a terminal at Botany Bay. Obviously its not as ideal as sailing in and out of Sydney Harbour however various cruise lines have said they are open to it and will even look into doing sails into the harbour in the afternoon before properly departing.