What to do in Matzatlan?

KurtMo

The blue line starts right at the gate of the port. When you are on the shuttle from the ship to the port building, they usually have an ex-pat volunteer on the shuttle to answer questions. You will also see volunteers at various points along the blue line.

You could also catch the local bus that stops near the port gate to go to the mercado. I believe the price is still seven and a half pesos per person. Ask one of the locals which bus to use. To get back to the port, ask which bus to use going to the "barca". Or. You can walk back using the blue line.

You will also see a lot of taxis near the mercado or the church.

Edited by swedish weave

Thanks to all of you who took the time to answer my questions. Your info is greatly appreciated. I am going to let my husband decide what will work best for him. If all else fails, we can just hang out at the port shops and have a drink or two!

• 2 months later...

If anyone is still answering questions on this thread can you please tell me how much it is to take the ferry over and back from stone island and how often do they run and what time is the last ferry back to port

thanks for any information

Gail

If anyone is still answering questions on this thread can you please tell me how much it is to take the ferry over and back from stone island and how often do they run and what time is the last ferry back to port

thanks for any information

Gail

The water taxi costs between two and three dollars for the round trip. They do not run on schedule. When you show up, they will go. For the return trip, you go to the small dock, and if a boat is not there, they will send one across the channel to pick you up.

There will usually be a vehicle near the dock on Stone Island offering rides to one of the restaurants if you don't want to walk the beach. Price is negotiable.

The taxi terminal is about three blocks from the cruise terminal.

The water taxi costs between two and three dollars for the round trip. They do not run on schedule. When you show up, they will go. For the return trip, you go to the small dock, and if a boat is not there, they will send one across the channel to pick you up.

There will usually be a vehicle near the dock on Stone Island offering rides to one of the restaurants if you don't want to walk the beach. Price is negotiable.

The taxi terminal is about three blocks from the cruise terminal.

This was our experience recently as well, the fare was $2 USD p/p round trip in October 2017. As soon as we paid, a boat was ready to ferry us over (about a 10 min ride). When we came back to the boat dock at the end of the day, there was a boat there waiting to take us back.

Would our group of 6 adults fit in a pulmonia?

Also, the red truck that was mentioned, is it easy access getting in and out of it?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Six won't fit in a pulmonia. Three will be comfor table and four will be a little "cozy" . Two pulmonias would work for your needs and you can ask the drivers to keep you close together.

. We had no trouble getting into the pickup. DW rode in the front with the driver, but the rest of us were on the bench seats in the back. We are all past retirement age.

Edited by swedish weave

Six won't fit in a pulmonia. Three will be comfor table and four will be a little "cozy" . Two pulmonias would work for your needs and you can ask the drivers to keep you close together.

. We had no trouble getting into the pickup. DW rode in the front with the driver, but the rest of us were on the bench seats in the back. We are all past retirement age.

Thanks so much!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums