Acapulco guide question

DSLibrarian

I plan to be in Acapulco this fall with my nephew Sebastian and am considering the Acapulco City Highlight tour with acapulcoforall by Sebastian Hernandez. Have any knowledgeable cruise critics used his service recently? Is he reliable? I have been in touch with them & their tours sound perfect for us but I would appreciate receiving feedback from anyone who has dealt with them. As my nephew shares the same name I thought it would be a fun surprise for him to hire Sebastian.

Sent from my iPad

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My husband and I hired Sebastian Hernandez (Acapulcoforall) as transportation to and from the airport and to also take us on a few tours. He was absolutely wonderful. He is considerate, dependable, knows the area and speaks great English. We would highly recommend him for you and your Sebastian!

Edited by nan27

We were a group of six adults in Acapulco last year and arranged for a guided tour with Sebastian and were extremely pleased with our tour.

Because Sebastian was already booked for the day, he arranged for Benjamin (I think that was his name) to be our guide. We did meet Sebastian at the pier and he was very nice.

Benjamin did a great job and we saw all of the interesting sights at a fraction of the cost for the ship's excursion.

I would highly recommend them.

I wanted to add that we did the downtown tour, the tour where we saw where the movie stars used to stay. I think that was a hotel owned by John Wayne back in the day and some others. We also did lunch and saw the cliff divers and had photos taken with them. It was our first trip to Mexico, and Sebastian made it very fun for us!

Hello, Sebastian was wonderful! We feel so blessed that we were able to book him. I am a travel agent and we are fortunate to do lots of traveling. I think so much of Sebastian that I gave him a page on my website. It is a great summary of our time with him. You can contact me on Facebook at Carolyn Baumgartner Young and I will give you the web address

Also below is the itinerary that highlights his Acapulco City Highlights Tour. Enjoy!

Acapulco ForAll ForAll - Contact Sebastian Hernandez - acapulcofor_all@yahoo.com

Acapulco

The Acapulco City Highlights Tour (duration: Half a day 4-5 hours). This tour will allow several stops where you can get off the vehicle and experience the city first hand. -Always helping you skip the lines, giving you priority entrance to everything- By the end of the day you´ll know Acapulco like a native- its history, its legends, best places for local food,shopping and entertainment.

It INCLUDES the following list:

1) Chapel Of Peace. -Regardless of your religion, this place is a must see when you travel and was rated as one of TOP FIVE PANORAMIC BAY VIEWS ON THE PLANET. The astonishing story behind, a family dream became a reality. Acapulcans are very proud of this place. This is located at the highest point of the exclusive gated community of Las Brisas. The Chapel stands 1250 ft. above sea level and is characterized by an enormous cross-shined (138 feet tall)

2) The World famous Cliff Divers... "One the 10 most Extreme Cliff Jumps on earth" according to World High Diving Federation (WHDF). Across the generations, whole families of divers have earned their living wowing tourists from around the world with 138 foot plunge off La Quebrada, the rock face that looms above the Mexican resort city’s Pacific coast.The water is just 6 meters deep.They will hit it at 62 mph. Cliff diving puts tremendous stress on the body. Even a low jump of (20 ft) will have the body hit the water at 42 km/h (27 mph) – an impact strong enough to cause people to suffer a concussion, compress the spine or break bones. only survive the impact and the surf because they’ve trained for years. Even sometimes you'll see they will NOT make it; (OK till now) but they would because you are watching the pros doing! The cliffs were made famous by “Tarzan” star Johnny Weissmuller, whose character jumped off them in the 1948 movie “Tarzan and the Mermaids.” -Elvis Presley’s character did the same in “Fun in Acapulco” (1963).

3) The Diego Rivera wall mural (The House of the Winds).... This mural is architecture and history combined located in one of the houses in the Traditional area of Acapulco and the property belonged to Dólores Olmedo. It is considered to be a treasure of Mexican contemporary culture. The mural technique is made of a combination of Venetian tiles, volcanic rocks and seashells. One of the mural It features the two Pre-Hispanic Gods of Mexico, the Aztec God Quetzalcóatl, "Feathered Snake" and the other the Mayan God (Kukul- Kan) "Feathered Serpent". You can actually feel the history that still lives in this home and studio.

4) The Flamingo Hotel... Let's go back to the start of Acapulco back in the 50'S and visit the Old Hide-out of the famous movie stars of the time. Johnny Weissmuller and his friend John Wayne bought a hotel perched on the cliffs, which welcomed a stream of Hollywood jet-setters in the 1950s to 1980s.We shall visit this charming hotel as they called "The Hollywood'gang' hideaway". Celebrities from around the world were entertained here for over 40 years and received guest like Cary Grant, Fred Mc Murray, Tyron Power, Merle Oberon, Red Skelton, Rex Allen, Errol Flynn, Betty Davis and more... .

5) Mexican Folk Art Craft Store... Acapulco is a town of craftsmen with a wide selection of our state of Guerreros´s finest hand crafts, native paintings, embroidered dresses, the finest pottery “Talavera style”, blown glass, and also a beautiful hand unique workmanship silver jewelry, Acapulco is well known as the closest Mexico’s capital of silver artists, the magical town of Taxco town where the silver mines in Mexico are! This craft store is one of sister store from one major Taxco jewellery brands designers.Taxco it self produces about 40% sterling silver of the world. Sterling silver is 92.5% (925 parts) pure silver and 7.5% (75 parts) alloy metal.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Hello, Sebastian was wonderful!

Also below is the itinerary that highlights his Acapulco City Highlights Tour. Enjoy!

Acapulco ForAll ForAll - Contact Sebastian Hernandez - acapulcofor_all@yahoo.com

Acapulco

The Acapulco City Highlights Tour (duration: Half a day 4-5 hours).

1) Chapel Of Peace

2) The World famous Cliff Divers

3) The Diego Rivera wall mural

4)The Flamingo Hotel

5) Mexican Folk Art Craft Store

Carolyn - What a wonderful summation (much better than mine, I might add)! Sebastian will also take photos at all of these places. Plus, he will also be happy to use your camera and take photos. He will send the photos that he took with his camera to you, too.

I will be looking for your Facebook page. You sound like a great TA.

My grown sons, my husband and I were in Acapulco on Oceania Sirena in December 2016. We are history buffs. We had Sebastian take us out of town to the Tehuacalco archaeological site. This was an easy site to visit compared to ones near the Caribbean Coast and Sebastian explained it very well. He also took us to San Diego Fort Museum and the Diego Rivera mural. His knowledge and enthusiasm made it all come alive.

• 6 months later...
My grown sons, my husband and I were in Acapulco on Oceania Sirena in December 2016. We are history buffs. We had Sebastian take us out of town to the Tehuacalco archaeological site. This was an easy site to visit compared to ones near the Caribbean Coast and Sebastian explained it very well. He also took us to San Diego Fort Museum and the Diego Rivera mural. His knowledge and enthusiasm made it all come alive.

Glad you posted - we last tried to visit this site a few years ago and the locals told us it wasn't safe. Happy it is now safe...we will ask again on our next Acapulco visit in Jan.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 4 weeks later...
Hello, Sebastian was wonderful! We feel so blessed that we were able to book him. I am a travel agent and we are fortunate to do lots of traveling. I think so much of Sebastian that I gave him a page on my website. It is a great summary of our time with him. You can contact me on Facebook at Carolyn Baumgartner Young and I will give you the web address

Acapulco

The Acapulco City Highlights Tour (duration: Half a day 4-5 hours). This tour will allow several stops where you can get off the vehicle and experience the city first hand. -Always helping you skip the lines, giving you priority entrance to everything- By the end of the day you´ll know Acapulco like a native- its history, its legends, best places for local food,shopping and entertainment.

1) Chapel Of Peace. -Regardless of your religion, this place is a must see when you travel and was rated as one of TOP FIVE PANORAMIC BAY VIEWS ON THE PLANET. The astonishing story behind, a family dream became a reality. Acapulcans are very proud of this place. This is located at the highest point of the exclusive gated community of Las Brisas. The Chapel stands 1250 ft. above sea level and is characterized by an enormous cross-shined (138 feet tall)

2) The World famous Cliff Divers... "One the 10 most Extreme Cliff Jumps on earth" according to World High Diving Federation (WHDF). Across the generations, whole families of divers have earned their living wowing tourists from around the world with 138 foot plunge off La Quebrada, the rock face that looms above the Mexican resort city’s Pacific coast.The water is just 6 meters deep.They will hit it at 62 mph. Cliff diving puts tremendous stress on the body. Even a low jump of (20 ft) will have the body hit the water at 42 km/h (27 mph) – an impact strong enough to cause people to suffer a concussion, compress the spine or break bones. only survive the impact and the surf because they’ve trained for years. Even sometimes you'll see they will NOT make it; (OK till now) but they would because you are watching the pros doing! The cliffs were made famous by “Tarzan” star Johnny Weissmuller, whose character jumped off them in the 1948 movie “Tarzan and the Mermaids.” -Elvis Presley’s character did the same in “Fun in Acapulco” (1963).

3) The Diego Rivera wall mural (The House of the Winds).... This mural is architecture and history combined located in one of the houses in the Traditional area of Acapulco and the property belonged to Dólores Olmedo. It is considered to be a treasure of Mexican contemporary culture. The mural technique is made of a combination of Venetian tiles, volcanic rocks and seashells. One of the mural It features the two Pre-Hispanic Gods of Mexico, the Aztec God Quetzalcóatl, "Feathered Snake" and the other the Mayan God (Kukul- Kan) "Feathered Serpent". You can actually feel the history that still lives in this home and studio.

4) The Flamingo Hotel... Let's go back to the start of Acapulco back in the 50'S and visit the Old Hide-out of the famous movie stars of the time. Johnny Weissmuller and his friend John Wayne bought a hotel perched on the cliffs, which welcomed a stream of Hollywood jet-setters in the 1950s to 1980s.We shall visit this charming hotel as they called "The Hollywood'gang' hideaway". Celebrities from around the world were entertained here for over 40 years and received guest like Cary Grant, Fred Mc Murray, Tyron Power, Merle Oberon, Red Skelton, Rex Allen, Errol Flynn, Betty Davis and more... .

5) Mexican Folk Art Craft Store... Acapulco is a town of craftsmen with a wide selection of our state of Guerreros´s finest hand crafts, native paintings, embroidered dresses, the finest pottery “Talavera style”, blown glass, and also a beautiful hand unique workmanship silver jewelry, Acapulco is well known as the closest Mexico’s capital of silver artists, the magical town of Taxco town where the silver mines in Mexico are! This craft store is one of sister store from one major Taxco jewellery brands designers.Taxco it self produces about 40% sterling silver of the world. Sterling silver is 92.5% (925 parts) pure silver and 7.5% (75 parts) alloy metal.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Great summation of Sebastian Hernadez tour. It is spot on. My wife and I were in Acapulco in 2015 for our 45th wedding aniversary. We stayed at Las Brisa and had a wonderful time. Highlight was Sebastians's tour. We booked him originally after seeing his positive reviews on TripAdvisor. His own company is acapulcoforall. We are booked on the Norwegian Panama Canal Cruise in November with a friend and will use him again. He now has a van vice a car. Join us if you like.

• 2 months later...
I plan to be in Acapulco this fall with my nephew Sebastian and am considering the Acapulco City Highlight tour with acapulcoforall by Sebastian Hernandez. Have any knowledgeable cruise critics used his service recently? Is he reliable? I have been in touch with them & their tours sound perfect for us but I would appreciate receiving feedback from anyone who has dealt with them. As my nephew shares the same name I thought it would be a fun surprise for him to hire Sebastian.

Sent from my iPad

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sebastian picked us up on time for start our tour. We were driven around in a large white van with plenty of cold air conditioning and it was very confortable. Sebastian run a local company acapulcoforall. His prices are excellent his demanor pleasant and professional. He will make sure visit to Mexico vacation is a memorable one. So if you need some reliable guides, look no further and check out his company for more info. I give him 5 stars. Or read more about him if you do a Google search under: Sebastian Hernandez Acapulco.