Where on Princess to eat the best steak?

Kingofcool1947

Crown Grill

Or

Stirling Steakhouse

Name varies by ship.

Had some nice steaks

But you pay a lot of money for the privilege Gut. I rarely go to those, tried them all once. Now in the MDR for dinner, being a steak lover I ask our waiters 'How is the steak? And is it a decent size size? They often reply, 'I get you two Mr Les'. Now that is Princess service. :halo::hearteyes:

But you pay a lot of money for the privilege Gut. I rarely go to those, tried them all once. Now in the MDR for dinner, being a steak lover I ask our waiters 'How is the steak? And is it a decent size size? They often reply, 'I get you two Mr Les'. Now that is Princess service. :halo::hearteyes:

Thanks for the tip! I will use it next month on Diamond.

Yeah steak in MDR used to be great, but been disappointed the last few cruises, but then not happy with the steakhouse now being tucked away in part of the Horizontal Court come back fat © as the trend seems to be.

We now only use it if we have some OBC to use up.

Crown Grill was terrific for me up to 24 months ago, but I hope it has not gone over the cliff as several posters state now. Won't know until later in January for myself (Bayou Cafe). I expect the same beef is prepared and served at any of CG, Stirling Steakhouse, Bayou.

As far as I know, it's the same beef if served at Winemaker's Dinner and Chef's table.

Surprised at OP question because no matter how good/bad, you are not going to do better than the quality served at specialty restaurants.

My favorite steak house is Peter Luger.

Which restaurant on Princess serves the best steak? Love a nice rare bone-in rib eye, porterhouse, or T-Bone charred outside, and rare inner.

Your specialty restaurant recommendation?

Thanks.

I always thought Kingofcool was Mr. Steve McQueen! I have eaten some good steaks in my time at various restaurants and I am looking forward to the Crown Grill on the Regal sailing Feb 28. My problem is that I always compare them to a Black Angus Porterhouse fixed on a charcoal grill hickory wood chip smoke. Mine are good, but my son is the best griller I have ever met. So in February I will sample a steak at CG. I would like to know what is the best steak at CG?

Not sure if I want to pay $29 for just “Ok” steak in CG? Is it similar to the quality of steak at an Outback Steakhouse?

I’m not sure I haven’t gone to the Outback Steakhouse in a few years. If you go to the CG the only steak that’s worth trying is the Filet Mignon.

Tony

No where, I didn't say that,did I?????? The fact that you are eating meat that has been frozen...means it just can't compare to fresh cuts one prepares themselves or local restaurants prep at least in So CA.

I also will admit, atmosphere, presentation and service are more important to me, than food at any restaurant on land or sea.

We have cruise about 100 days on Princess in the last 3 years and have eaten at Crown Grill, Sabatini's and Share several times. Almost all these recent experiences have been comp. by the cruise line or our TA.

Crown Grill or Sterling's are your best bet for steak.....But my overall opinion is I would rather spend my 29-39 dollar cover charge at a restaurant at home where the atmosphere, service and cut of meat are far superior and my evening becomes an event.

In recent years I have felt rushed with worst than average service at the Specialty restaurants on Princess and when my meat is not prepared correctly( which has been more than once).there is no need to have the chef come and talk to me..just sayin.....

Salty Dog......which I paid the cover charge for myself I found more tasty.

Edited by land lover

Not sure if I want to pay $29 for just “Ok” steak in CG? Is it similar to the quality of steak at an Outback Steakhouse?

I've eaten at the Outback Steakhouse on trips to the US and also had a rib eye on the bone in the Crown Grill on Royal Princess a couple of months ago. The steak in the Crown Grill was one of the best I'd had for a while and well worth the $29 when you consider the starters and deserts as well.

The service and atmosphere were excellent and not rushed when we went. I have no problem with the dining rooms but the specialty restaurant just made a nice change and was a bit less busy, noisy etc.

Which restaurant on Princess serves the best steak? Love a nice rare bone-in rib eye, porterhouse, or T-Bone charred outside, and rare inner.

My recommendation? Peter Luger.

You will be disappointed with anything on princess.

Thanks.

Sorry friend, don't try to go into CG with Peter Luger on your mind. Last three cruises, steaks were pretty terrible. Lots of fat and grizzle and tough. When the staff (and they are wonderful), tells you ahead of time to avoid certain cuts, you know. Used to be quite excellent years back, but like everything else, Queen Jan's endless cost cutting assures the least expensive options from the providers. Maybe you'll get lucky, or maybe not so... but you simply cannot go in there using a top steak house as your measuring point... it simply will not compare because the product they start with is far lass superior than what a real reputable steakhouse will give you. They also limit you to one entree now ($10 for additional ones). But to keep it real... in the end, you won't walk out of Peter Luger, or any top steakhouse with only $29 out of your pocket! So give it a try, but limit your expectations. I only go if I have OBC to burn, or we have a group all going. If not, I don't bother anymore.

Crown Grill was terrific for me up to 24 months ago, but I hope it has not gone over the cliff as several posters state now. Won't know until later in January for myself (Bayou Cafe). I expect the same beef is prepared and served at any of CG, Stirling Steakhouse, Bayou.... you are not going to do better than the quality served at specialty restaurants.

We dined twice at the Bayou Café earlier this month on the Coral Princess. I had both the New York Strip Steak and the Bone-in Porterhouse and they were excellent!:D

How are the lamb chops in the CG, which is what I may order on our next cruise? - my wife will get her go to Lobster, and of course we will share a few bites.

We've got a Don Shula's less that 5 miles from the house, and quite honestly, I can go to the Meat Market - about 15 minutes away, if we want a specialty steak at home. Charcoal and wood chips