Going to be working on Freedom!

• 1 month later...

On the Thanksgiving cruise, we had the pleasure of meeting Marky Mark. He generally emcees the comedy shows and runs bingo and trivia with the same comedy club spirit. Apologies to Mark's mom--he didn't have time to take a picture for us to post here for you! But he was pleased that we asked.

Sometimes you can catch his own comedy show in the karaoke lounge. He's every bit as funny as the headliners they have for the comedy club. And with Malcolm "Woohoo" Burn as Cruise Director, he's really getting a comedy workout!

Hi Jackson3,

It's ok, I sometimes forget he isn't on a vacation afterall.:ship: You're very kind, sometimes the only letters he sees are the negative ones. I'll write him and tell him to look here. :D

Only about 3 months till we'll be on the Freedom ourselves. It sounds like a great ship!

Thanks again,

Bobbi

Hi Jackson3,

It's ok, I sometimes forget he isn't on a vacation afterall.:ship: You're very kind, sometimes the only letters he sees are the negative ones. I'll write him and tell him to look here. :D

Only about 3 months till we'll be on the Freedom ourselves. It sounds like a great ship!

Thanks again,

Bobbi

You're going to love the Freedom! As with anything, it has its best features and a few less fun. If you are bothered by smoke, go to deck 5 (promenade) early in the day, as by afternoon, the whole area is strongly smoky. Music and comedy are the greatest (Mark helps make that the case!), but food is awesome! Look at everything and then go back for more of what you like. Ask for anything you want...the staff will try SO hard to give you what you want. They're just not mind-readers. If you advocate for your needs/wants, you will find the best vacation ever.

And just because I can't resist, a few personal favorites: clamshell seats on the Serenity deck, free champagne at the first art auction, tea at 3:00 pm in the dining room on sea days, mixing free lemonade in my free iced tea for a super-frugal "mixed drink," and tell Goodnight "good morning" at the towel hut.

Hi Jackson3,

Oh yeah, we are excited to be on the Freedom!! The last few years have been on smaller Carnival ships (Inspiration, Imagination, and Elation). And, haven't felt the 4-5 day cruises justify cost of Balcony. I can walk outside to see Catalina Island or Ensenada:'). Got a Balcony for Feb on Freedom.

Thanks for sharing your tips and insights.

Bobbi

Hey MarkMom, which date are you cruising in Feb? We will be on the Freedom Feb 17th! So excited!!!

Hi Snuckles ( lovin' that name :')),

We will be getting onboard the day you get off. Hey, you can tease Mark that his Mommy & Daddy are coming onboard to check up on him....:D:D:D

But, YES, we are excited too!

Bobbi

• 2 weeks later...
will be on the freedom for Christmas. but i did not see any pictures of him. cant wait to meet him

Are you going on Freedom tomorrow? Dec 23rd? We got him a red suit to wear for the Holidays. Would love to see a photo of Mark in it, if you get a chance. He hosts the Comedy Club at night. Also got him a PAC MAN Suit..

:) Bobbi

• 4 weeks later...
Got to say hi to Mark this past week. He was hilarious and took a couple of minutes out of his busy schedule to chat. He’s looking forward to your visit!!!

Ah, thanks for telling me. He is ansy to get home. The last day of our cruise with Mark, is also his last day on Freedom. 6 months, no days off, long hours, he is ready to come home and sleep! Haha ....but first he gets to have 6 of us on "his" ship 🚢 :D:D

🏝🏖. Bobbi