Project Runway?

BlueHerons

I finally had time to watch last night and I was surprised by the winner. Obviously the front runner was too! I loved Margarita's show. They were bright and joyful. I can see wealthy women going to the Islands for vacation shopping in her boutique. The fish were so pretty and the beading work was so well done. Would I buy it? No, not my style, but I would enjoy seeing it. Aniya's was a mixed bag for me. Loved the denim looks and that gown was fabulous!!! The first 3 I didn't care for or think they were flattering to the models. The Little House on the Prairie dresses were weird.... something I'd expect to see in the Amish community. Brandon was Brandon. Kentaro's first outfit made me laugh!

Actually, I was surprised that Kentaro won Project Runway. I thought that Ayana's collection was lovely, especially her finale gown. That gown should have put Ayana over the top.

I was not impressed with some of Kentaro's designs.

Margarita's designs are beautiful, and I'd wear some of her pieces on a Caribbean cruise.

I think that Project Runway should always have a mix of model sizes. The contestants must learn to design for every woman, and this season probably furthered the careers of the plus sized models.

I think that Project Runway should always have a mix of model sizes. The contestants must learn to design for every woman, and this season probably furthered the careers of the plus sized models.

Agreed. I was not a fan at first, but came to appreciate how much it pushed the designers.

In past seasons when a designer had a plus size figure to dress they often freaked out. Although many of these designers were not used to plus size they adapted and there was not much whining (or at least not on what they showed us on TV).

In past seasons when a designer had a plus size figure to dress they often freaked out. Although many of these designers were not used to plus size they adapted and there was not much whining (or at least not on what they showed us on TV).

Goes to show that most of the designers weren't the "divas" that previous seasons had.

I though Ayana was going to win, honestly. Her final look was amazing! I knew Brandon wasn't likely to win, once I saw his collection. He stayed true to his aesthetic, but there wasn't a single WOW look. IMO, if he had pushed himself and created a smashing "formal" look, he could have won.

It was interesting. Shawn tried to weasel herself out of cheating. Basically said she never said what she did. Good grief. They had it on tape! No integrity at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi all!

It was a good show. Nice to see the other designers back. I have no respect for Shawn.

Jo

Sent from my UMI TOUCH X using Forums mobile app

Claire looked like she had been sucking on a lemon.

With the exception of the twins, the designers were quite cordial with each other just as they usually were during the season.

Here is an article about the upcoming season of All Stars. https://www.inquisitr.com/4617480/project-runway-all-stars-2018-season-6-designers-announced-full-list-and-new-twist/

I would have liked fewer review montages ("Here's Kenya!") and more conversation among the contestants. I can't imagine anyone who hasn't watched at least some of the season's shows would be watching this, so the clip pieces are annoying when there are so many questions to ask and scores to settle.

Given everyone's reactions to the twins' stories, I am still wishing that people had been honest about trying to get Claire off the show. ("We had no idea this would happen!" rings even more hollow after watching this.)

Correcting my post from last night. It was Claire (hair) that tried to weasel out of the measuring debacle. No matter what I named her, you all knew. I wanted to yell at the TV: get some morals! Get some character! Tell the truth and own up to it!

I learned that in kindergarten, probably earlier than that. Never lie. It’s as simple as that.

We’re all aware that the producers can make designers look good or bad. However, I put a lot of stock in Tim Gunn’s comments. When he says he was disgusted or appalled by behavior, I believe him.

I’ve been watching old episodes of PR, and Ken Laurence’s temper tantrums in Season 12 are not good. Tim Gunn sat him down and suggested anger management classes. Ken is one of the All Stars appearing in the January 2018 season. I really hope he has his life back on track.

I watch PR for the designers, their process and final products. Not for the drama. I think there was much more designing and less drama in the Bravo years.

• 5 weeks later...