blue jeans help needed!

chickonwater

Are the pants denim? or are they just "jeans style"? If they are "jeans style" and not really jeans I do not see why not.

You may want to post this on the NCL board. I understand they do have resturants beside the lido that are more casual on NCL ships and that you are allowed to dress down but I am only going by posts I have read here.

Many will tell you jeans are acceptable on Carniva but whenever I have read that Carnival caper paper which is given to each stateroom each day and it lists the "dress" for dinner that evening it always says even casual nights "no blue jeans please" but unfortunately there are still plenty of blue jeans in the dinningroom.

That is why when I read that about NCL-I thought that a good idea-have differant restuarants with some a more relaxed code but enforce it in the others. That way all the slobs can eat together and those of us who want to "dress" for dinner can eat together. Make everyone happy.

I am not sure thoughif that is all their ships-it may just be the newer ones. So go to the NCL board and ask there.

NCL does not have a Spirit.

I personally do not wear jeans or anything similar to dinner, no matter what the ship. But this is me. I like to dress well and enjoy wearing pretty clothes.

I agree that a pair of nice black pants that you can mix and match would be a good investment.

We were on the NCL Spirit April 1-10. The daily says "no torn jeans" (or maybe it said "ripped." Anyway there were people in jeans. On casual nights my husband wore khaki colored "dockers." Hope this helps.

pampro

Agree with the above - please get one nice pair of pants. You will never go wrong with a nice pair of dressy black pants. Have had mine for 10 years. Never out of style. Now stylish (new) shoes to go with them...heh, heh...that's another matter.

I agree, GO SHOPPING!!!! I don't even take jeans. Hey this is a great vacation and you should dress appropriately. Cruising is the best and having a dress standard helps make it special. Jeans or jean shorts are ok for shore excursions.

I agree, go shopping - you didn't specificy; however, I assume by your log-on name that you are female. We just returned from the Caribbean & I am glad I took cotton - if you go into the ports, think comfort & cool - I can't imagine wearing jeans at all in this climate - Alaska, maybe. As mentioned by other posts, can't go wrong w/black/navy & khaki is awesome - dress it up or down.

Have fun.

Archived