Discounts for booking another cruise while on a cruise?

kerinb

We are taking our first cruise in September and we are thinking about booking another curise with our kids. I have heard that if you book another cruise while on your cruise that they give you a really great deal. Does anyone know how great a deal this actually is?? I have seen some pretty good deals out there right now, and i am wondering if i should go ahead and book one of these deals, or would i benifit if i waited till my cruise to book another one. We are looking at either December of this year or April on 2006. So, if anyone could help with this and tell me what kinds of deals that they actually offer for doing this, that would be very helpful and much appreciated. Thank You.

The really good deal that is offered is that you pay only $100 deposit for each passenger. This deposit will hold your cruise until final payment date. You don't even have to choose a cruise, you have four years to book one. When you do book a cruise, Princess gives you on board credit, the amount depending on the length of your cruise. I can't remember the exact amounts. We had $100 each for a fifteen day cruise, which was the amount of our deposit. You can book directly with Princess, or you can transfer your booking, and your low deposit to your chosen Travel Agent.

On most recent cruise ( a few weeks ago)

Spousal unit had already decided to take another with her mother....

Scheduled a meet with the on board folks who assured a great deal....

As savy shoppers we were pre-loaded. The on board "can't be beat deal" wasn't even close to the average eBay deal. (x$ on board credit doesn't beat 3x lower price!)

We booked same ship, same date, same class cabin for substantially lower than the on board "repeat" price. (not eBay....she beat that on line too)

Be a smart shopper....and never pay full price for a cruise! I never have - except for the ones where they were paying me.....no discounts allowed there!

Haven't found the right t-shirt yet tho.....

no hard feelings....ya just got to be as smart as they are....

I think that you can sometimes get a good deal with the on board booking; For example, last summer we took a Grand Med. cruise and while on board (Princess) we gave a deposit of $100 per person( it is good for 4 years.) You don't have to decide what date or ship or anything at the time. Then in the fall we saw a travel cruise show advertised at our local travel agency They had pretty good pricing and on board credit- We booked a Norwegian Fjords cruise for much less than any brochure price and we did not have to put any more deposit. The 100pp covers that and we also get 200 shipboard credit from the on board deposit and 200 from the travel show- you do not have to book directly with princess. Sure you might get a better deal on some internet site but I have not seen that to be the case with longer and more exotic cruises. I think there is more competition in the (not Cozumel again) caribbean so there you might be better off with some internet or discount site. Enjoy your trip!

It varies substantially from cruise line to cruise line. Some of them (Crystal among them, I think), will give an additional five percent off the fare for booking another cruise while on board. Of course, there are limits such as requiring that you take the next cruise within a certain period of time. The best thing to do, as noted above, is to shop around, ask specifically about on-board discounts, and compare cruise lines and TAs (both on-line and regular).

Archived