Finding the Right Cruise

ddoll

I'm a little overwhelmed right now.

I'm just starting off looking to book a large group cruise for my parent's 50th Anniversary. We finally decided on a date, late July-early August 2006. But the options are huge.

We're looking at the Caribbean for a 7 night cruise. I'm hoping for some recommendations.

have you decided on a departure port yet? children going? do the activites offered on ship matter? eastern or western caribbean?

there are many options and I guess with a big group it can seem overwhelming..........just take one step at a time and I'm sure you can narrow it down to something you can work with........:)

Yes there are kids going as well as seniors. Our departure port really doesn't matter...at least I don't think it does. We live in New England, but I figured we'd have to fly to our departure port.

All I have so far is approx date and a general idea of destination. So I'm wide open to suggestions.

I may regret this recommendation if RCCL does not work things out for me. If I were you I would consider taking one of Royal Caribbean's large ships. They have so much to do for kids of all ages, while still making it nice for all other ages. Bored kids can take a lot of enjoyment out of a vacation.

No matter what you pick, someone will not be happy. Fortunately, it's hard to go wrong with a cruise. I think Princess or Royal Caribbean would appeal to the broadest spectrum of tastes. We've seen large family groups traveling on both, and everyone seemed to be having a good time.

Any advice as to what area of the Caribbean would be best in the summer? How about best suited to the different age groups?

BTW, we have mostly older and teen boys in our family.

Archived