Purchasing Mini Bar Set up

CeeCee59

I have been looking at the items available for pre-purchase and can't seem to find where to purchase rum or other liquor for use in the stateroom. I then got to wondering if for us non-elites if it was possible to purchase a mini-bar set up. Has anyone ever been able to do this?

In your cruise personalzier bottles of spirits (as well as wine) can be purchased under Onboard Reservations ---> Princess Cellars.

You can also view the selection and prices in the Gifts and Services catalog

https://www.princess.com/learn/cruise-gifts-celebrations/gifts-and-services/

(click on 'Beverage Packages and Cellars')

Note these are for 350/375 ml half-bottles. I don't believe the mini bottles can be ordered in advance, only via room service. And you would have to buy each one individually, there is no "mini bar package" available for non-Suite/Elite to purchase.

Thanks! I have been looking all over for that link and just couldn't find it.

I did notice though that when I click on your link the information I need is there, however when I click on my cruise personalizer and then the onboard reservations/princess cellars only wine shows up as an option (no beer, liquor, coffee card, canapes, etc). Has anyone else noticed this?

Edited by CeeCee59
New Information

The Canapes--and most other items served/delivered to your cabin--are under Culinary Delights

The coffee card and beer buckets are under Beverage Packages.

You do have to scroll quite a ways past the three different headings for wine to get to the spirits under Princess Cellars.

You'd really think they would make it a lot less of a project to take your money for onboard amenities before you get onboard. I paid for my drink package and tips but am getting the hint that it would have been simpler to just wait.

I think I see the problem. You are on the US Website, mine is for Canadian Residents. I found some items but in different spots, however the illusive rum (and other spirits) are nowhere to be found. I know I've been able to pre-order on other cruises but so far nothing for my upcoming cruise. Oh well, its 501 days away so lots of time yet. We have the Premium Beverage Package but may still bring our allotment of wine aboard, but since my DH prefers rum I though it might be a nice suprise to order some - of course I can't even find the 6 cans of soda package that is on the US website on my cruise personalizer. A glitch to be sure. If it doesn't show up closer to sailing I will just call Princess and order that way.

Yes I imagine some items may not appear until closer to sailing due to the price being set but the exchange rate continuing to fluctuate. Hasn't Princess in the past had a promotion where Canadians can purchase onboard amenities in CAD at par with the USD price? That would certainly make it worth waiting.

I have been looking at the items available for pre-purchase and can't seem to find where to purchase rum or other liquor for use in the stateroom. I then got to wondering if for us non-elites if it was possible to purchase a mini-bar set up. Has anyone ever been able to do this?

You can't purchase the elite/full suite mini-bar set up.

You can buy other sort of package in advance.

Enjoy! :)

We are elites, so always get a mini bar set up... I recall seeing a menu where additional small bottles could be purchased from Room Service . So would guess it is possible, same price as a regular drink, our mini bar does not include rum, so not sure if it is available.

No such mini bar on Princess.

What are you talking about?

I think most posters here are familiar with the "Complimentary Mini Bar Set up" provided

to suite and elite guests.

As another poster mentioned, there is usually a card inviting you to purchase replacement items.

(I think the intent is to advise you that replacements are not free)

This is the princess description:

Complimentary Mini Bar Set Up**

Your stateroom will receive one mini bar set up consisting of a selection of liquors, soft drinks, beer, still and sparkling water. Once onboard you may contact Room Service to change your mini-bar selection. Certain restrictions apply. Drinks will be refilled upon request and you will only be charged for the additionally requested drinks consumed.

From this page:

https://book.princess.com/captaincircle/membershipBenefits.page

To the original poster, if you want to purchase liquor for the cabin, the 375ml bottles from room service are

a much better deal than the miniature replacements for the mini bar.

My recollection is that the 375ml bottles are around $20, and the miniatures are around $6.

Your mileage may vary.

Pablo, not everyone is elite or travels in a suite. I know, it's a shock! Elite passengers and people who travel on suites are a small minority. The other passengers, the majority, do not get a mini bar set up.

I am going to make a wild (educated guess) that if any passenger wanted to purchase the mini-bar bottles they would be available by simply calling Room Service. As to the Elite mini bar set up, its not only a few bottles of hard booze but also includes some beer, soda, etc. All these things are available from Room Service (for a price).

I do agree with the others, that the larger 375ml bottles (from Room Service) make more sense (on a per drink basis) than the tiny bottles in the Elite mini-bar set-up.

Hank

Closer to your cruise time, go to your roll call and post "anyone [elite or suite] want to sell their mini-bar set up?" Based on the number of threads about trading the minibars for coffee cards and such, I am not the only teetotaler who pretty much gives the minibar to the room steward (minus a couple of sodas). I'd sell you my minibar setup at a nice discount, although my steward would lose out!