El Cheapo Cruises Thread

Diamond Princess 6 February 2018 - 12 night New Zealand cruise Sydney to Auckland - $770 per person inside twin.

twin balc was $1669 - the 'issue' with these type of cruises is either GETTING to Syd or back from Auckland. Add a few hundred for a flight (or I could use some of my 300,000 QF points) - think there will be a lot of cabins left on this one

This cruise - Sydney - Melb - Hobart - Fiordland - Port Charlmers (Dunedin) Akaroa (Christchurch) - Tauranga - Auckland.

Airfares for me would be almost the cost of the cruise though.

From Gold Coast with Jetstar the airfares to/from Sydney/Auckland cost me a touch over $230, including 20kg baggage.

Considering the saving on the cruise, that's a bargain.:cool:

I'd be flying back home anyway, Auckland just makes for a slightly longer return leg.

From Gold Coast with Jetstar the airfares to/from Sydney/Auckland cost me a touch over $230, including 20kg baggage.

Considering the saving on the cruise, that's a bargain.:cool:

I'd be flying back home anyway, Auckland just makes for a slightly longer return leg.

The cheapest I could find was $478. I suppose it is still a good deal.

Glad you could still grab it.

As much as I’m tempted I won’t get this one as I realised when looking at it we’ll be in the middle of the Pacific on Crystal Serenity at that time. It we weren’t I’d definitely jump on this one

I’m looking for bargains like this to give some other lines a try. It pays to have flexibility to do things at relatively short notice

Great thread and thanks to all the contributors

I’m still kicking myself I didn’t pick up on the tip on where to find this one earlier - just wasn’t thinking straight last night

As much as I’m tempted I won’t get this one as I realised when looking at it we’ll be in the middle of the Pacific on Crystal Serenity at that time. It we weren’t I’d definitely jump on this one

I’m looking for bargains like this to give some other lines a try. It pays to have flexibility to do things at relatively short notice

Great thread and thanks to all the contributors

I’m still kicking myself I didn’t pick up on the tip on where to find this one earlier - just wasn’t thinking straight last night

I find that a great special comes along after you have locked in your plans to do something else so that you have to say, 'I really want to do it but can't'.