RCL Empress of the Seas - May 31, 2018 - Havana, Cuba?

Roz326

Hi, is anyone thinking of taking this cruise? We are! Just waiting for the OK to have those days off! Have you already been to Havanna? Any suggestions? Pros/Cons? Thanks in advance for any relevant info that you can share on the ship and the excursion to take.

Hi, is anyone thinking of taking this cruise? We are! Just waiting for the OK to have those days off! Have you already been to Havanna? Any suggestions? Pros/Cons? Thanks in advance for any relevant info that you can share on the ship and the excursion to take.

It sailed 9 months ago.

There is lots of information and recommendations about how best to spend your time in Havana on the Cuba Port of Call board.

Recommend you spend some time reading over there.

Since this is a relatively new port (for Americans), past visitors have been very helpful sharing experiences.

Awesome! Thanks for the tip!

• 2 weeks later...

It looks like you got your O K since I see that you started a Roll Call for this cruise. I booked this cruise too. I am excited to be going to Cuba. I'm afraid I don't know anything about either the ship or the port of Cuba, but part of the fun for me, is doing the research. I will keep in touch.

We sailed Empress to Cuba in October, 2017. I did most of my research on Cuba CC site but also used Google. Enjoy your cruise. We did. There were some excellent reviews posted on CC and you may be able to find them if you have time to search.

We sailed Empress to Cuba in October, 2017. I did most of my research on Cuba CC site but also used Google. Enjoy your cruise. We did. There were some excellent reviews posted on CC and you may be able to find them if you have time to search.

I've been looking at the Empress threads today. Lots of great trip reviews with a lot of info, also some nice photos. I think I saw your name in some of them didn't I?

Edited by floater
adding to post

EMPRESS REPLACED with MAJESTY on our October RCCL cruise to Cuba. I believe they are still using Empress to shuttle relief supplies to Puerto Rico and the other islands affected by the hurricanes this past summer. I am not sure it matters to you, but I would expect your cruise might be on Majesty too.

I've been looking at the Empress threads today. Lots of great trip reviews with a lot of info, also some nice photos. I think I saw your name in some of them didn't I?

I would not be surprised if you saw my name. I did not write a review but I responded to multiple reviews. There were some great ones and I hope you found them. Some of the reviews had awesome photos included. Enjoy your trip.

EMPRESS REPLACED with MAJESTY on our October RCCL cruise to Cuba. I believe they are still using Empress to shuttle relief supplies to Puerto Rico and the other islands affected by the hurricanes this past summer. I am not sure it matters to you, but I would expect your cruise might be on Majesty too.

Thanks for the info Dinkachu. Hopefully RCCL will advise us if this is the case for our May 31 cruise so we can update our shore excursion information for plans made outside of RCCL. I imagine that Majesty is in the same class of ship, set up the same so there shouldn't be any other issues to deal with such as cabin assignments, dining, etc.

Excellent information! Thanks paper1122! I see I put 2017, but really do mean 2018! :cool:

HI, I booked a 6 hour tour with Yosel for Havana. I booked it single, but it can be for 4 people and the price would be split. Sound like a great tour, with great reviews from previous passenger.