Jade

WLC061975

Please talk to me about Jade. I was looking at a transatlantic Cruises on Break Away in April. But also find another TA Cruise on Jade. The ports are almost identical. Jade is one extra day. The price is about the same for both (I can get mini suite on Jade and Balcony on BA). I like spa on breakaway so much better. However, the date for Jade is better for me. My boss is most likely approve dates for Jade (one week in April and one week in May). And since Jade TA is distinctive Voyage. I seemed get more perk for Jade. Little about me, I am in my 40’s and would travel solo. Please convince me about Jade.

Obviously a smaller ship, less passengers, easy to navigate and when we were on her in October, they had a great staff.

We mostly enjoy the Spinnaker Lounge(forward observation) and the aft seating outside the Garden Cafe.

Hope I could help and Have a great cruise whichever ship you decide

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I really like Jade, and I have sailed on her 4 times. She has also been spruced up a bit after a dry dock not long ago. Try and find some recent cabin photos etc. to see the difference this has made.

For me, the Jade is an ideal size and has the right balance of available restaurants and bars. Never had a problem with service or food etc.

I think you will appreciate the extra space of a mini-suite on Jade (although appreciate you are travelling solo) compared to a smaller balcony cabin on BA. However if you don't spend much time in your cabin, BA probably will have more for you to do, given its size. The balconies on BA are quite small though so if you were going to spend a lot of time out there you might want the mini-suite on Jade.

Either way I don't think you can go wrong with these two ships. Good luck in deciding! :)

As you are traveling solo you might want to avoid the Jade as it does not, as far as I know, any solo cabins. That will definitely add to the cost of your cruise. If the prices are equal and you don't have to have all of the bells and whistles of the bigger ship you might be better with the Jade as it has a more compatible date for you. I hope this helps

We just returned from a Panama cruise on the Jade and it is in excellent shape.

Thanks everyone. It’s going to have be Jade. I just have to talk to myself into it. This would my first time to get a cabin with a balcony as a solo. I usually have a interior.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You won't be the only solo in a balcony on the Jade TA. There are quite a few solos on this crossing. There's a Meet & Greet already arranged as well and there'll be solo get togethers most evenings too.

Come join the roll call https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2557286&page=23

Hope to see you there..

Cheers, Connie

Thanks everyone. It’s going to have be Jade. I just have to talk to myself into it. This would my first time to get a cabin with a balcony as a solo. I usually have a interior.

Last Nov we did a Panama Canal on the Jade. The service was great, the ship was refurbished top to bottom last May and we loved the our trip. It had all the restaurants on the newer ships plus Jasmine that served free Asian and for fee sushi that was very good. The entertainment was great - not as many themed parties but at least 3 venues with live bands every night besides the show. We plan on another Jade - perhaps the TA, after our Sun cruise in August. You will have a great time.

DO IT. Jade is a great ship and the balcony will be wonderful; try to pick the side with the sun. We sail the Jewels by choice... a great balance IMHO.

We have done two transatlantic crossings on the Jade and are currently booked for a Christmas/New Years cruise on the Jade. I hope you enjoy her as much as we do.

I'm looking at the Jade with a balcony cabin on deck 8, forward. Is the ONLY thing avail. in the price range I'm looking at. And I just went through all the options and it's a guarantee cabin!!!???!!! But deck 8 forward is directly over the theater/stage. Do you or anyone know if/how noisy it will be in the cabin? Thanks.

I'm looking at the Jade with a balcony cabin on deck 8, forward. Is the ONLY thing avail. in the price range I'm looking at. And I just went through all the options and it's a guarantee cabin!!!???!!! But deck 8 forward is directly over the theater/stage. Do you or anyone know if/how noisy it will be in the cabin? Thanks.

Well... over is wayyy better than under!

Unless you're a particularly early to bed type I wouldn't stress, I don't recall exactly when the 2nd show finishes but it's not mega late, maybe 10:00 (someone here will know down to the second)... quiet. I'd take THAT balcony over anything inside any time.

Well... over is wayyy better than under!

Unless you're a particularly early to bed type I wouldn't stress, I don't recall exactly when the 2nd show finishes but it's not mega late, maybe 10:00 (someone here will know down to the second)... quiet. I'd take THAT balcony over anything inside any time.

I was thinking and hoping the theater would be quiet by 11 or 11:30 p.m. I hate the idea of a guarantee for the $$ they're quoting.

Although we haven't been on the Jade for a few years, we had loved her in the past, and we loved the Jewel (sister ship) for Christmas '16. I think it's a great ship and you'll have a great time. You should not feel you've "settled" for the Jade.