The Biggest Little Ship Around: An Empress of the Seas Pictorial!

I’m so glad I stubmbled in this (somewhat resurrected) review - thank you Grady! We have booked on Empress to Cuba straight after the Symphony TA and this was such a great overview. Very grateful :)
Glad you enjoyed it, we also just booked another cruise on her for next year. Looking forward to seeing her again, and the stop in Cuba!

Cruised on Empress shortly after it came out of dry dock (following transfer from Pullmantur). Long story short: we had originally booked on first cruises out of drydock. Two 5 day B2B. First booking: Cancelled since Empress was still in dry dock. Rebooked for roughly a month later. Second booking ALSO cancelled. Turned out OK as we got full refund AND full cruise credit. I did a solo in August, 2016 to check it out. Last minute: literally booked Thursday for the following Sunday departure. Some good things but I can't say I'd cruise Empress again. We prefer the "smaller" ships, have never cruised Oasis class; prefer Radiance, Voyager, Visison. Of course they may have gotten act together since then, but....gave a review to DW upon return and that pretty much drove the nail into the coffin. WJ very crowded especially in food serving area. MDR, same old, same old. At that time, as others pointed out, there was sewer gas odor in different part of the ship. AC could be hit and miss: they had fans running in certain areas. And no C&A lounges. Not that that's what cruising is all about but you do get used to having them. Sun deck is great.