I am a first time cruiser. I am looking to book shore excursions, but not through the cruiseline. How do I know what times to choose? I am sailing out of Tampa to Grand Cayman and Cozumel which are both one hour behind Tampa. Just confused as to how to book these. Any help is greatly appreciated!

I have found a lot of useful information on the Cruise Critic ports of call boards. There is one for each of these ports. You can find them in the Caribbean Ports Of Call Section found at:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=-1&f=587

Some will list the tour companies they have used or you can ask for recommendations.

Another useful site is Trip Advisor where you can find many vendors who provide tours and read reviews and then go to their sites to book directly with them.

Keith

I am a first time cruiser. I am looking to book shore excursions, but not through the cruiseline. How do I know what times to choose? I am sailing out of Tampa to Grand Cayman and Cozumel which are both one hour behind Tampa. Just confused as to how to book these. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Just check your itinerary to see what time the ship reach's each port. When you go to the excursion site it will usually say how long the excursion lasts and you can go by that. The companies that run the excursions make there living doing this and they know when the ship is in port and when it leaves so they're pretty good at getting you back in time.