No more First Cabin Access for Diamonds/Platinums?

jimbo5544

If First Access to your cabin for D/P is gone, will that make you not sail Carnival?  

658 members have voted

1. 1. If First Access to your cabin for D/P is gone, will that make you not sail Carnival?

• Yes - I am Diamond or Platinum already and this perk is important to me
    • No - I am Diamond or Platinum and this perk is not important to me
    • Yes - I am not Diamond or Platinum but this is something I was looking forward to
    • No - I am not Diamond or Platinum and this is something that is not important to me
    • Not bothered

I am sorry, but it has NOT been removed from the FTTF explanation on the website. It is the second thing listed there. And, I have never see that phrase listed on the VIFP benefits page as long I have been a Carnival customer. So your logic of basing your assumptions on the fact that it has disappeared from the D/P benefits (never there) and also from the FTTF (still there) appears to be a tab bit off.

So it was never a benefit for Diamond/Platinum is what you are saying? As Diamond you didn't have your cabin ready at embarkation because it wasn't a perk (hint: I already know the answer to this)?

It HAS been removed from saying it includes D/P on the FTTF. description I don't know how many times I can explain this. Obviously the other 98% of people seem to understand it with the exception of a couple. Not sure how else to explain it except this AGAIN. I put the part that is now different in red. It's still the 2nd one listed but missing a sentence.

Here's what the program includes:

Priority Security, Check-in and Boarding

A dedicated security and check-in lane has been set aside for all Priority guests on embarkation day. FTTF guests will board after VIFP Diamond, Platinum and guests traveling in deluxe suite accommodations.

Note: Only VIFP Diamond and Platinum guests and guests traveling in deluxe suite accommodations have access to the Captain’s Lounge.

First Access to Stateroom

Your stateroom will be ready for you as soon as you board, so you can relax or freshen up for all the fun you are about to have. MISSING: Note: Also a benefit for VIP Diamond and Platinum guests

Priority Luggage

While we process thousands of bags, FTTF luggage will receive priority delivery.

Note: This is also a benefit for VIFP Diamond and Platinum guests.

Guest Services

Quickly have any of your questions answered or requests addressed as you will have a dedicated phone extension and line at Guest Services.

That's about the only place you can really find a description of what certain perks are such a Suites. Practically impossible. See post #64 - says right there it's part of our VIFP Club Status. No matter what you want to think it WAS a perk and hopefully still is. It's not like Carnival has the greatest website to begin with. Better than Celebrity's in some aspects, but finding info is sometimes like playing hide and go seek.
I thought I made it clear that is IS a perk, albeit an unlisted one.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Forums mobile app

So it was never a benefit for Diamond/Platinum is what you are saying? As Diamond you didn't have your cabin ready at embarkation because it wasn't a perk (hint: I already know the answer to this)?

It HAS been removed from saying it includes D/P on the FTTF. description I don't know how many times I can explain this. Obviously the other 98% of people seem to understand it with the exception of a couple. Not sure how else to explain it except this AGAIN. I put the part that is now different in red. It's still the 2nd one listed but missing a sentence.

Here's what the program includes:

Priority Security, Check-in and Boarding

A dedicated security and check-in lane has been set aside for all Priority guests on embarkation day. FTTF guests will board after VIFP Diamond, Platinum and guests traveling in deluxe suite accommodations.

Note: Only VIFP Diamond and Platinum guests and guests traveling in deluxe suite accommodations have access to the Captain’s Lounge.

First Access to Stateroom

Your stateroom will be ready for you as soon as you board, so you can relax or freshen up for all the fun you are about to have. MISSING: Note: Also a benefit for VIP Diamond and Platinum guests

Priority Luggage

While we process thousands of bags, FTTF luggage will receive priority delivery.

Guest Services

Quickly have any of your questions answered or requests addressed as you will have a dedicated phone extension and line at Guest Services.

Based on Carnivals record of rewarding loyalty this is a very valid concern/ Would be a kick you know where if they do this right after a sharp increase in the cost of FTTF.

Mostly they do, I agree. I know that in the past, many changes happened on different ships before there was a formal announcement, cruisers came back and told of their experiences. They were ridiculed. Next thing you know, there was the announcement.

And JH used to ridicule RCCL for charging for things that Carnival included. And we all know how that turned out.

It might not have been under the Diamond / Platinum list of perks ... but there were plenty of other documentation that clearly stated that D/P/FTTF had early access to cabins ... emails prior to cruise, signs on fire doors, sign next to guest services, emails from various CCL employees, CCL Facebook page, John Heald facebook page, Facebook private messages, notations under FTTF FAQ ...I'm sure there is more documentation out there.

Hi

It would make it more awkward but personally, I couldn't care less if it came to be.

If this were their intention, it sounds complicated to arrive at.

I can see how with their increased charge for FTTF they may see dollars signs in front their eyes, with the idea that if they didn't have to get all those rooms ready for the Diamonds and platinum customers they mat be able to sell hundreds more FTTF on each cruise. The only problem I see is, if that were the only change in the diamond/platinum benefit, then I wouldn't be willing to pay full (FTTF) price for only one extra benefit. They (Carnival) would only be able to maximize their extra profit, by doing away with all the FTTF benefits that are part of the diamond/plat. VIFP club benefits. If they did that they would really need to revamp the whole VIFP club benefits. That's what I felt would be way more complicated than they would want.

So if the only thing that they did away with was my early access to my cabin, as it stands, I would still get all the other FTTF benefits. If they tried to sell me that extra privilege, how much would I be willing to pay? I don't think it would be much. If they didn't make this offer to me at all and just went ahead with selling more FTTF, then they potentially could have (many) hundreds more at the FTTF check in, the same at the customer service desk, and preferred tender, plus debarkation. This could potentially spoil a good thing for Carnival, if it doesn't work. Where now they have a cash cow, they could end up with a lot of disgruntled customers. You know how people are when they think they are paying to avoid lines and it doesn't' happen.

I don't think this is something that will happen as it's being made to sound, but who knows. They change things, maybe next week they take away my chocolate covered strawberries. That's not how I decide which cruise to go on.

happy sailing everybody

Hi

It would make it more awkward but personally, I couldn't care less if it came to be.

If this were their intention, it sounds complicated to arrive at.

I can see how with their increased charge for FTTF they may see dollars signs in front their eyes, with the idea that if they didn't have to get all those rooms ready for the Diamonds and platinum customers they mat be able to sell hundreds more FTTF on each cruise. The only problem I see is, if that were the only change in the diamond/platinum benefit, then I wouldn't be willing to pay full (FTTF) price for only one extra benefit. They (Carnival) would only be able to maximize their extra profit, by doing away with all the FTTF benefits that are part of the diamond/plat. VIFP club benefits. If they did that they would really need to revamp the whole VIFP club benefits. That's what I felt would be way more complicated than they would want.

So if the only thing that they did away with was my early access to my cabin, as it stands, I would still get all the other FTTF benefits. If they tried to sell me that extra privilege, how much would I be willing to pay? I don't think it would be much. If they didn't make this offer to me at all and just went ahead with selling more FTTF, then they potentially could have (many) hundreds more at the FTTF check in, the same at the customer service desk, and preferred tender, plus debarkation. This could potentially spoil a good thing for Carnival, if it doesn't work. Where now they have a cash cow, they could end up with a lot of disgruntled customers. You know how people are when they think they are paying to avoid lines and it doesn't' happen.

I don't think this is something that will happen as it's being made to sound, but who knows. They change things, maybe next week they take away my chocolate covered strawberries. That's not how I decide which cruise to go on.

happy sailing everybody

You have thought the ramifications of this change through much better than anyone at Carnival. The fact that the guest service line will be out of sight alone is enough to leave a bad taste in my mouth. Thank you for your thoughtful and well stated post. Time will tell.

It makes no sense to remove the early cabin access from Platinum and Diamonds because it would essentially still give them all the perks of FTTF except for that one perk. And I don't think Carnival is going to expect P/D levels to shell out $90 on FTTF just for early cabin access when they're already getting everything else it offers.

Unless they'd be made to pay a reduced rate like $10 for early cabin access, but I don't see that happening. In order to justify making them buy FTTF, Carnival would basically have to strip P/D of everything they're getting, except laundry, and that makes no sense either.

It makes no sense to remove the early cabin access from Platinum and Diamonds because it would essentially still give them all the perks of FTTF except for that one perk. And I don't think Carnival is going to expect P/D levels to shell out $90 on FTTF just for early cabin access when they're already getting everything else it offers.

Unless they'd be made to pay a reduced rate like $10 for early cabin access, but I don't see that happening. In order to justify making them buy FTTF, Carnival would basically have to strip P/D of everything they're getting, except laundry, and that makes no sense either.

Next thing you know we'll be selecting from a menu on the cruise manager the 4 perks we want because we no longer can have them all. I will select early cabin access as one and forego the moldy room temperature strawberry delight in that case. :D

Next thing you know we'll be selecting from a menu on the cruise manager the 4 perks we want because we no longer can have them all. I will select early cabin access as one and forego the moldy room temperature strawberry delight in that case. :D

LOL! Never eat those moldy strawberries! They are rejects!

Yeah, I'm hoping it is all a big mistake. But IF they are considering it, than I hope they change their minds. Who knows. We got the aft pools changed back, maybe they will listen again.

If they do remove this perk, it will make it much less likely that I will sail Carnival again. While I don't sail for the perks, I do take the ones that are useful to me into account when I am pricing cruises. It's not always about the cheapest price, the value I'm getting for the price I'm paying is more important to me. Removing early cabin access will really downgrade Carnival's value to me.

There is certainly enough evidence to make it look like Carnival is at least considering this and it's important that we make our voices heard on this. Thanks firemanbobswife for starting this thread.

If they do remove this perk, it will make it much less likely that I will sail Carnival again. While I don't sail for the perks, I do take the ones that are useful to me into account when I am pricing cruises. It's not always about the cheapest price, the value I'm getting for the price I'm paying is more important to me. Removing early cabin access will really downgrade Carnival's value to me.

There is certainly enough evidence to make it look like Carnival is at least considering this and it's important that we make our voices heard on this. Thanks firemanbobswife for starting this thread.

I feel the same way and you're very welcome. I too hope it stays. I agree that it's about the overall value. Sadly, Carnival is becoming less as time goes on.

I don't use it but it sure would show greed over loyalty. Getting off the ship is where it would really bother me. I have to get off early to get to work, if I can't do that I would have to take an extra day off. Not doable is some cases for me.

I wouldn't stop sailing carnival,but I would purposely book royal for some of my cruises just to send a very small drop in the bucket message to them.

I don't use it but it sure would show greed over loyalty. Getting off the ship is where it would really bother me. I have to get off early to get to work, if I can't do that I would have to take an extra day off. Not doable is some cases for me.

I wouldn't stop sailing carnival,but I would purposely book royal for some of my cruises just to send a very small drop in the bucket message to them.

Funny you should say that... I just happen to be cruising next week on another cruiseline. I'm very loyal to Carnival....but maybe this upcoming cruise is coming at the right time???

Well, here I am 5 pages later and I know as much now as when I started. In the olden days, if I remember right, we would drive to the port and board the ship once Customs approval was received. We usually arrived between 11 am and Noon and then we would head for the Lido deck for lunch (carry ons with us which was a pain in the neck and else where). After lunch, I would keep checking to see when the doors opened to the passageway leading to our cabin. Once opened, we would head for the cabin and it was usually about 12:30 to 1:30 pm or so.

Then Carnival changed the rules and we could go directly to the cabin when we boarded the ship. This was nice since we could leave the luggage in the cabin and head for lunch. Some times the cabin was ready. Other times, it was not and the Steward was cleaning it or several of the other cabins assigned to him/her. VIP/Platinum were suppose to be the first cabins cleaned but as you know, the Steward has many more cabins to do than they use to

If this changes, I will not be happy. I will, however, revert back to the olden days and life will continue. I think some of the problem is due to the fact that some cruisers, regardless of status, were sneaking into their cabins once they found the open passageway. It's just human nature. It must have become a problem for the Stewards with their cabins often filled with guests.

So Carnival, please leave things as they are but I will still continue to do Carnival cruises, regardless. In fact, just completed my cruise for 2018 and have 2019 and 2020 booked. Have 21 completed cruises (all with carnival) so you see I am a bit prejudiced.

So with that said, I anxiously await the verdict. Is Carnival Guilty or Not Guilty of High Treason (Removing a VIP/Platinum benefit)?

For those of you arguing with firemanbobswife about what is still on the website and what never was, let me try to clarify because you're completely misunderstanding what was on there and what is now gone. If you look in the FAQ's at the FTTF info, you'll notice that with each FTTF perk, it also includes this statement: "Note: This is also a benefit for VIFP Diamond and Platinum guests." That statement used to be included with the First Access to Stateroom perk. Now it is not there.

Starting to think that firemanbobswife's account has been hacked and is a troll from another line that is just trying to stir the pot instead of reading/comprehending what others are saying.
You're the one who isn't comprehending what's being said.

Additional documentation where early access was for Diamond, Platinum and FF

GS - this is the electronic sign that plays on a loop just next to the Guest Services desk

Priority - this was on the website under Priority / Boarding Pass

Had to attach the pictures ... can't figure out how to paste them in the actual post

Just FYI, in order to insert images directly in the body of a post, you first have to upload them to an image hosting website of some kind. Then you use the URL (web address) of that picture to insert it into the post. Most people on here used to use Photobucket, but last year they decided to force everyone to upgrade to a paid subscription in order to post images to other websites. That's why, if you go back to older posts that once had these images, there will be a bunch of Photobucket error messages where the pictures used to be.

Just a duplicate copy of a post that I did in similar thread about the same issue:

Well, here I am 5 pages later and I know as much now as when I started. In the olden days, if I remember right, we would drive to the port and board the ship once Customs approval was received. We usually arrived between 11 am and Noon and then we would head for the Lido deck for lunch (carry ons with us which was a pain in the neck and else where). After lunch, I would keep checking to see when the doors opened to the passageway leading to our cabin. Once opened, we would head for the cabin and it was usually about 12:30 to 1:30 pm or so.

Then Carnival changed the rules and we could go directly to the cabin when we boarded the ship. This was nice since we could leave the luggage in the cabin and head for lunch. Some times the cabin was ready. Other times, it was not and the Steward was cleaning it or several of the other cabins assigned to him/her. VIP/Platinum were suppose to be the first cabins cleaned but as you know, the Steward has many more cabins to do than they use to

If this changes, I will not be happy. I will, however, revert back to the olden days and life will continue. I think some of the problem is due to the fact that some cruisers, regardless of status, were sneaking into their cabins once they found the open passageway. It's just human nature. It must have become a problem for the Stewards with their cabins often filled with guests.

So Carnival, please leave things as they are but I will still continue to do Carnival cruises, regardless. In fact, just completed my cruise for 2018 and have 2019 and 2020 booked. Have 21 completed cruises (all with carnival) so you see I am a bit prejudiced.

So with that said, I anxiously await the verdict. Is Carnival Guilty or Not Guilty of High Treason (Removing a VIP/Platinum benefit)?

EDITQUOTEmultiquote_off.gif