When is boarding time assigned?

iriecruising

My carnival account said I needed to pay in full before I could print my boarding passes. With the help of some AARP cards I made final payment on a November 2018 cruise. When I printed my boarding passes the arrival time was blank. Does anyone know when arrival times are assigned. I kinda hoped they were assigned when you paid in full and hoped getting myself paid in full might get me an earlier arrival time. I know it does not matter for a lot of people but for me vacation starts the minute I step on the ship. The earlier that first fruity drink is my hand the happier I am!:D

Check in time is not assigned. You select it.

You have printed out your documents too early.

Just keep watching about once a week or so and your check in time selection should become available.

Do you have to have made final paymebt to choose your time?

I don’t think so. When I booked our June 2018 cruise two months ago it game the option before I paid my deposit. It was part of the initial sign up when you chose bed types and dining time. I didn’t fully pay it off until last month.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My carnival account said I needed to pay in full before I could print my boarding passes. With the help of some AARP cards I made final payment on a November 2018 cruise. When I printed my boarding passes the arrival time was blank. Does anyone know when arrival times are assigned. I kinda hoped they were assigned when you paid in full and hoped getting myself paid in full might get me an earlier arrival time. I know it does not matter for a lot of people but for me vacation starts the minute I step on the ship. The earlier that first fruity drink is my hand the happier I am!:D

A big shout out to the OP on this thread:cool:. I have learned a lot from cruising itself, and from these boards. However, I never knew you picked your own arrival time? I have now done so, and we are 5 months out.

You can select your check-in time, not your boarding time. If you do your online check-in, you can select a check-in time. If you don't select a time, Carnival will assign you a check-in time.

Boarding time is dependent on several factors that can cause it to happen sooner or later.

You do not have to be paid in full to select your check-in time.

You do have to be paid in full to print your boarding passes which will show your chosen or assigned check-in time, not a boarding time.

Thanks everyone for the info. Including the fact that I was looking for a check-in time and not a boarding time. I have not gotten all my cruise lingo down yet. I will keep checking back on Carnival to see when they make it possible to select a check in time. Really good to know I should go in and select a time. Cruise critic members are awesome for getting info when you can't find it on the Carnival site! Paying my cruise off early may not have gotten be a better check in time but it is still nice to know that part is done!! Counting the days!!