RCCL new Diamond Lounge Policy?

seeyakids

I had two lounges before the name change, so with a CL I could mingle with the suite guests and Pinnacles the SL not so, so I Don’t care how you explain it I still feel like I got kicked out again.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Total agreement from me.

I would remind you to refresh yourself and others on the Terms and Conditions of the C&A. I copied here to save the trouble.

General Terms & Conditions Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. has the right to terminate the Crown & Anchor Society[emoji768] Program (“the Program”) or to change the Terms and Conditions of participation and benefits, in whole or in part; at any time without notice.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I just said that.

I'm a bit slow tonight as I'm trying to watch Real Madrid Girona game and the golf from Bay Hill

Liberty just had a sign change when the CL became a suite lounge. But I'm still not sure why that matters? :D:rolleyes:

I thought they created a new Suite lounge up in Viking Crown where the game and card rooms were formerly located.

Agree.

You did get kicked out when it was renamed and done away with..

Wait until the D's get kicked out the DL and only have 3 drinks on they're card.

Bottom line is, we don't have a choice. Royal can and will do what they like

Wait till they only give you three drinks no matter where you get them.

Coming to your favorite Diamond lounge real soon.

I thought they created a new Suite lounge up in Viking Crown where the game and card rooms were formerly located.

Maybe I am misremembering, but I thought the CL and DL were already up there when the change occurred.

When they built the Oasis and Allure each ship had a Diamond and concierge lounge which Diamond had access to both lounges. Since the name change I don’t book the big ships anymore. Looks like they are going to take the freedom class away from us too.

Educate me then please as Oasis and Allure were changed before my time.

It was my understanding that the SL/CK replaced the Viking Crown on Oasis/Allure during Drydock?

Maybe I am misremembering, but I thought the CL and DL were already up there when the change occurred.

If I recall correctly (and I also might be misremembering), they created the SL and for a short amount of time allowed suite guests, PC, and D+. Some weeks later they stopped allowing D+.

Before drydock change, where was DL and CL on Oasis and Allure?

DL was on deck 6, overlooking the Royal Promenade, frequently overflowed into Blaze. CL was on decks 11 and 12 (same exact place where DL is now), just aft of the midship centrum, with entrance on deck 11.

DL was on deck 6, overlooking the Royal Promenade, frequently overflowed into Blaze. CL was on decks 11 and 12 (same exact place where DL is now), just aft of the midship centrum, with entrance on deck 11.

When we were on Allure a few years ago, they didn't even bother to have the DL open for happy hour. They just had it all in Blaze. There were a lot of D and D+ onboard that trip.

When we were on Allure a few years ago, they didn't even bother to have the DL open for happy hour. They just had it all in Blaze. There were a lot of D and D+ onboard that trip.

That was also our experience on our one Allure cruise.

Isn’t Liberty the sister ship of Freedom? The CL on Freedom is in a dungeon on deck 10. Where was Liberty’s CL?

Liberty's CL in up in the Viking Crown, Starboard side. SL in on the port side and Dizzy's in the middle.

The CL space was originally a bar.

True, but only if you insist on the 7-nights being in a single cruise. I, for one, am just as happy with a 4-3 B2B as with a single 7-night cruise. I refuse to cruise on the Oasis-class ships (just too big) so B2B is often the only 7-day option (on RCI).

Two musters in 7 days 😱😱😱

I'll pass.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Personallly I like the drink vouchers. We travel with non Diamonds and we can enjoy a before dinner drink with our friends. We peeked into the lounge on one trip and turned away due to the crowding. On Celebrity you have to go to the lounge for your perks. It is nice that RC gives you the choice.

Drink vouchers often get you better vodka. Especially if the staff knows you are tipping. 😉

And that was a totally on topic post.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

We just turned Diamond after our cruise last week (woo hoo). Our first sailing as Diamond will be April 28 on the Freedom. Is the Diamond lounge that door off to the side of Olive or Twist? What are the hours for the lounge and what exactly is offered in there? I know there are appetizers and beverages a few hours a night, but what if offered the rest of the day?

Thanks

Jess

Yesnit is the door on thenstarboard side of the lounge. D lounge is open 24 hours a day. There is happy hour from 430pm to 8pm with appetizers at the same time. Continental breakfast is served during breakfast hours. The rest of the time there is the cappuccino machine to use.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

When they built the Oasis and Allure each ship had a Diamond and concierge lounge which Diamond had access to both lounges. Since the name change I don’t book the big ships anymore. Looks like they are going to take the freedom class away from us too.

We just started cruising 3.5 years ago so have no experience when the d were kicked out of cl. Have only been on oasis and allure when they have been converted to sl.

We are not missing anything as we have not experienced being excluded from the different lounges. I just take what royal gives me and know that this is their club and we play by their rules. If we don't like it then we can vote with our $$. I do not expect them to be loyal to me...only to the money i am willing to spend with them. Their product is very good or we would not be spending our vacation money with them. The perks they provide are a bonus and it keeps me cruising with them. When the perks no longer matter to me then my money will be spent elsewhere.

The times we were on allure it was just in the d lounge on deck 11. No overflow was used at all like on oasis.

I thought LL (Loyalty Lounge)

That would probably start an argument all by itself,

How many times do you need to cruise to be considered loyal?

or is it how often? if you cruise on something else are you not loyal and take it away? :rolleyes:

We just started cruising 3.5 years ago so have no experience when the d were kicked out of cl. Have only been on oasis and allure when they have been converted to sl.

We are not missing anything as we have not experienced being excluded from the different lounges. I just take what royal gives me and know that this is their club and we play by their rules. If we don't like it then we can vote with our $$. I do not expect them to be loyal to me...only to the money i am willing to spend with them. Their product is very good or we would not be spending our vacation money with them. The perks they provide are a bonus and it keeps me cruising with them. When the perks no longer matter to me then my money will be spent elsewhere.

Very well stated. Royal only reacts to the bottom line. If something decreases revenue, expect change. They will test the water to see how they can increase revenue and profits.