Quick aft cabin question Explorer

I am currently looking at a cruise on Explorer of the Seas. Aft cabins on deck 6 are open, which could be a good thing. Anyone who has stayed in 6692, 6394 or 6392 - I realize the view won't be as good since it is closer to the water, but what is the noise level like? It appears to be over the galley area (deck map shows dining room, but I know the galley is behind the dining room). Please share your experience. Probably is the same on all the voyager class, so weigh in if you have experience with this class and these cabins on deck 6. Thanks!

I heard the opposite! One of my friends had the corner aft on 6. 6690? She had the smoke and noise from the crew on deck 5 as they'd come out for a break or later in the evening to party. We were in the cabin above them and could hear it as well. I don't like the aft cabins on 6. If you can't get an aft on a higher deck, I'd go for a hump balcony! Just my humble opinion!

This is the view from deck 6 aft on Voyager (Same class as Explorer). Large blue area beyond the balcony. My uncle plans on taking over that area when we do the TransPacific as he and my aunt are in cabin 6690.

Can't wait to see what happens....

d6e2ea649bd4107e9589e4f33d67bca6.jpg

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

• 5 months later...
This is the view from deck 6 aft on Voyager (Same class as Explorer). Large blue area beyond the balcony. My uncle plans on taking over that area when we do the TransPacific as he and my aunt are in cabin 6690.

Do all the decks have this blue area, or is it just deck 6? We're on Adventure in May and thinking about asking our TA to watch for an aft-facing balcony to open since final payments are due in 12ish days, and cancellations tend to occur right around now. I see they are all listed as "obstructed" but how obstructed is it really?

Thanks!

Do all the decks have this blue area, or is it just deck 6? We're on Adventure in May and thinking about asking our TA to watch for an aft-facing balcony to open since final payments are due in 12ish days, and cancellations tend to occur right around now. I see they are all listed as "obstructed" but how obstructed is it really?

Thanks!

Not obstructed at all! Only deck 6 has the blue floor to look out on. I’ll try to post a picture here. We had the aft corner on Explorer in September and we had a the one next to it another time. There is a superstructure of Metal that is off the back of the ship, but it doesn’t block your view.

Not obstructed at all! Only deck 6 has the blue floor to look out on. I’ll try to post a picture here. We had the aft corner on Explorer in September and we had a the one next to it another time. There is a superstructure of Metal that is off the back of the ship, but it doesn’t block your view.

Sorry I can’t figure out how to post pictures here. If someone can tell me how maybe I can do it!

Not obstructed at all! .

This is the view from coveted aft JS 1694

DSC09008_zpsl6rzcqnv.jpg

Obstructed? Up to you to decided. For me it was. Personally I was disappointed with this specific aft on Voyager Class.. The corner afts are much more coveted for views with less superstructure.

P8202701_zpswsueguvg.jpg

Depending on the cabin, the balcony.... while ginormoius!... feels like you're in a cave rather than open. This also created very little ariflow. The corner afts do not have this problem, but many of them have issues of their own (ie deck 8 and 9 corners with small triangular balcony and porthole window + door instead of regular floor to ceiling glass sliding doors)).

Do you homework. Type in cabin numbers in the search tool here on Cruise Critic.... tons of pictures of various cabins. Search youtube.... many videos of various cabins. Google for pictures of the cabin and balcony. The aft cabins and balconies are very diverse.

DSC09005_zpscggmooxq.jpg

P8202700_zpsmawpo2lq.jpg

Here's a great resource for aft cabins, a very long-standing thread devoted solely to aft cabins on various Royal Caribbean ships. You'll find many descriptions and photos here.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1243860&highlight=show+your+aft&page=48

Thanks everyone!

I think we're going to stick with our side junior suite for this sailing. I may move our Serenade side balcony to an aft, will go through this thread during the Super Bowl. As of right now, they are all full so it's only if one opens I need to decide. There are so few aft cabins on Serenade period...I doubt one will open up.

So it looks like our first aft cabin will be a junior suite on Grandeur in 2019!

Here are pictures from Navigator (sister ship) cabin 7694. You quickly get use to the structure. We hardly noticed it. We never experienced anyone out on the “blue area” and had no noise issues. We love any aft cabin! [emoji6]. 01eeda2bce39974264dc31d8e1eb2264.jpg06dc40a82109700ae7607a8923b3ae2b.jpg3d10956086405168198e25d662995e78.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Sorry I can’t figure out how to post pictures here. If someone can tell me how maybe I can do it!

The easiest way is to use a smartphone app like Forums or Tapatalk. Otherwise you have to upload the photo to some photo sharing site like FlickR, and then put a link to that photo in your post here.

How does your uncle plan on "taking over" that area?

The easiest way is to use a smartphone app like Forums or Tapatalk. Otherwise you have to upload the photo to some photo sharing site like FlickR, and then put a link to that photo in your post here.

Thanks Bob, but I don’t even know how to use tapatalk! I’m very technically challenged!!!

I appreciate that you are asking about Deck 6 aft on the Explorer but we had a RFS on the Explorer and although the balcony was huge, the view and photos IMO were ruined. These aren't looking out but you can get the general idea of all the obstruction.

2e30ns0.jpg

and

dcsjzl.jpg

Cheers

Di

This is the way I post my photos:

Go to: www.tinypic.com

Click on FILE/CHOOSE FILE

It will take you to where you want to upload your photo from. In my case, it is usually from My Pictures so I will use that as my example -

Click on Pictures

Double click on the Photo you want to upload

In the "Resize" box - use the down arrow to scroll down to 17" Screen and click on it and then

Click on 'UPLOAD NOW'

You will have to 'answer' the security code which they will give you (type it in the box) and then UPLOAD NOW

Wait for the picture to upload - it can take a minute or two

Once the photo has uploaded you will see four boxes. In the box - IMG Code for Forums and Message Boards - Highlight and copy the IMG Code make sure you copy at both the beginning and end of the Code

Go to your CC comment box where you want to post your photo and paste your

code.

Then click the PREVIEW button and you should be able to see your photo. You can then go back and continue on with your comment or post another photo.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Di

Edited by Dizziedi