Upper Amazon Brazil

bigmomma23

Looking for information on Adventure Smith Explorations. This company does trips on the Amazon River. We are thinking of the trip that starts in Brazil on the Riverboat Tucano. Would like to hear from anyone who has done this or any trip with Adventure Smith. Thanks

• 5 weeks later...
Looking for information on Adventure Smith Explorations. This company does trips on the Amazon River. We are thinking of the trip that starts in Brazil on the Riverboat Tucano. Would like to hear from anyone who has done this or any trip with Adventure Smith. Thanks

I hope someone answers. Now that we've done the lower Amazon, we're looking to do something in the upper Amazon before our visas expire.

The only tours I know are much further up on the river and its tributaries. One is in Peru and the one we did is on the Napo River in Ecuador. I loved our lodge in Ecuador. We saw many more animals than friends who stayed in a different lodge at the same time. Ours was the Napo River Wildlife Center. The Napo River has two luxurious hotel river boats. We saw them, but I don't know anything about them.

Other friends did the Peruvian tour and did not see many animals, maybe it's coincidence, maybe our lodge had the better guides and location. We picked it because it has a parrot lick and because my cousin recommended it. She also saw many animals including the giant river otters that live in the creek leading from the Napo to the lodge.

If you want to get more use out of your visa, visit the Brazilian side of the Iguazu falls. ;-)