Hump Cabins On Explorer OTS

ReneeFLL

I have been in hump cabins before so I was looking at them on the Explorer. It looks like there is very little extra room compared to the ones I have been in. The hump cabins are E2's which are about 15 sq ft smaller than the D3's which I was also looking at. Would like to hear from others who have stayed in both.

Renee

I have been in hump cabins before so I was looking at them on the Explorer. It looks like there is very little extra room compared to the ones I have been in. The hump cabins are E2's which are about 15 sq ft smaller than the D3's which I was also looking at. Would like to hear from others who have stayed in both.

Renee

An "E" category stateroom on the hump has the same stateroom and balcony size as any other side-facing "E" category stateroom. Same with "D" category staterooms. As you say, a "D" is slightly larger than an "E", but there's no difference in size between hump and non-hump side-facing staterooms in the same category.

Because the Explorer's balconies are inside the hull, they feel smaller and more cramped than the majority of ships with balconies outside the hull. It is what it is. We had a hump cabin and size of balcony was the same as those elsewhere of the same category.

I do agree that the location is fantastic -- close to aft elevators and staircase so very easy to get to everything.

Because the Explorer's balconies are inside the hull, they feel smaller and more cramped than the majority of ships with balconies outside the hull. It is what it is. We had a hump cabin and size of balcony was the same as those elsewhere of the same category.

I do agree that the location is fantastic -- close to aft elevators and staircase so very easy to get to everything.

I agree that the balconies on Explorer might be more claustrophobic, but they are also more private.