RCCL new Diamond Lounge Policy?

seeyakids

Just back from 10 day Serenade cruise. With over 350 D&D+, total available seating in DL was 34. Long waits for drinks each night as well as almost zero seating. We all asked why the door connecting the Vortex lounge with DL was not opened to create a normal overflow area (this was done each night on this same ship back in 2015 NE cruise).

The diamond concierge said it was "corporate decision to keep this door shut".

I have never experienced such an overcrowded DL in all the cruises we have taken as diamonds. Most others we talked to agreed.

Needless to say, there were a lot of pissed off guests each night. Most of them got so frustrated they left and used their sea pass drinks elsewhere.

Now I don't have a problem with the 3 free sea pass drinks.....however, as diamonds, the DL experience is important for meeting old friends and socializing in your own private lounge. This is what loyal customers pay their money on and expect a consistent corp. policy (providing adequate overflow areas with proper personnel).

Please, chime in diamond members if you have had similar recent DL issues.

I would hate to think corporate is modifying their DL policy to put profit over loyalty.

Just back from 10 day Serenade cruise. With over 350 D&D+, total available seating in DL was 34. Long waits for drinks each night as well as almost zero seating. We all asked why the door connecting the Vortex lounge with DL was not opened to create a normal overflow area (this was done each night on this same ship back in 2015 NE cruise).

I have never experienced such an overcrowded DL in all the cruises we have taken as diamonds. Most others we talked to agreed.

Needless to say, there were a lot of pissed off guests each night. Most of them got so frustrated they left and used their sea pass drinks elsewhere.

Now I don't have a problem with the 3 free sea pass drinks.....however, as diamonds, the DL experience is important for meeting old friends and socializing in your own private lounge. This is what loyal customers pay their money on and expect a consistent corp. policy (providing adequate overflow areas with proper personnel).

Please, chime in diamond members if you have had similar recent DL issues.

I would hate to think corporate is modifying their DL policy to put profit over loyalty.

Yes, it's always crowded in their small venues when there is no overflow.

I wouldn't call the DL an experience or private

Everything is pointing towards Royal kicking Diamonds out of the Diamond Lounge and requiring that they use the drink vouchers. Changing the name to Diamond Plus Lounge and kicking the pluses out of the Concierge Lounge.

There are just way to many Diamonds now.

I think they might increase the vouchers from 3 to unlimited during the Happy Hours???

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Everything is pointing towards Royal kicking Diamonds out of the Diamond Lounge and requiring that they use the drink vouchers. Changing the name to Diamond Plus Lounge and kicking the pluses out of the Concierge Lounge.

I think they might increase the vouchers from 3 to unlimited during the Happy Hours???

Why would they do that?

I'd rather they just give me 40% off the Deluxe drink package.

Especially since they seem to think those drinks are worth $12. The 40% discount would be

less than the supposed value of 3 sea pass drinks. Plus I won't be crowding the DL.

Seems like a win/win.

I'll be emerald after upcoming cruise and have been hell bent on getting to Diamond. But the more I think about it, really.. whats the point? The drinks are a great benefit but I always buy the drink package so that negates any benefit there. I once ducked a rope (on accident?) and boarded with the Diamond +'s and that was pretty sweet. Still I think we boarded after the suite guests.

So I don't mean this in a negative way, I do want to get to Diamond, but what makes this level so special for people? From what I see priority boarding and free drinks. But if you're boarding after Suite guests and buying the drink package, is it just a status thing? More pull at guest services?

Really just curious..

While I wish they would do the unlimited anywhere on the ship during those hours for Diamond and above, I can see where “sharing” would be a huge problem and impossible to control.

I believe they are pushing people into just using their three vouchers elsewhere by leaving the Diamond lounge so crowded making it pretty much too much of a pain to enjoy!!

I swear I believe some of those people went into the DL at 3pm just to stake out their place for the 4:30 cocktail hour......LOL

There might be some merit in that suggestion, I would think most using the lounge are only there to score the free unlimited drinks during the happy hour.

So I don't mean this in a negative way, I do want to get to Diamond, but what makes this level so special for people? From what I see priority boarding and free drinks. But if you're boarding after Suite guests and buying the drink package, is it just a status thing? More pull at guest services?

Really just curious..

Not saying it's "special", but the best Diamond perk is the 225.00 balcony discount. Though they keep finding ways to water it down at times.

Guest maddycat

Are you sure that the diamond concierge was telling you the truth? I'd definitely mention that on the survey or if you feel strongly enough send an email to corporate.

RCCL created a monster with too many diamond members, and too easy to reach this level. Thus, this is probably the first step to change the lounge to diamond plus and above. The diamond members will be limited to the three drinks on their sea pass. Remember when you only got beer and wine and fountain drinks as diamond? I also think they will have to change the requirements to reach diamond and diamond plus and perhaps add another tier between diamond plus and pinnacle.

My husband and I will be cruising for the 1st time on RC this November (Mariner of the Seas) in a Grand Suite. Are you saying that as Suite guests (even though we will be 1st timers on RC) we board before Diamonds??

yes. in order: Back to backers, wedding parties, Pinnacle, Suites, then the rest of them by boarding number. in fact many terminals have a separate waiting area for suites and Pinnacles and/or a separate entrance path.

Easy fix. Concierge Lounge becomes Suite Lounge, Diamond Lounge becomes Concierge Lounge.

Really no real need to up the number of drink vouchers or make it unlimited.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Not saying it's "special", but the best Diamond perk is the 225.00 balcony discount. Though they keep finding ways to water it down at times.

True, that is very nice. It's always a fun game to see what the final price is after you put in your information and get to the final screen. I swear its like rolling the dice.

I'd rather they just give me 40% off the Deluxe drink package.

Especially since they seem to think those drinks are worth $12. The 40% discount would be

less than the supposed value of 3 sea pass drinks. Plus I won't be crowding the DL.

Seems like a win/win.

40% off what? The discounted cruise planner price or the onboard price?

I qualify for 40% off now and it still doesn't make me even think about buying it.

Are you sure that the diamond concierge was telling you the truth? I'd definitely mention that on the survey or if you feel strongly enough send an email to corporate.

Who knows what the truth was. And yes, I let them have it on the survey. Probably won't get any response tho. I do have to say, the waiters and waitresses (as few as there were) worked their butts off and certainly earned what tips they got.

Easy fix. Concierge Lounge becomes Suite Lounge, Diamond Lounge becomes Concierge Lounge. ...

I'd say that Diamond Lounge becomes Diamond Plus Lounge. Concierge Lounge implies suite guest access.

I'll be emerald after upcoming cruise and have been hell bent on getting to Diamond. But the more I think about it, really.. whats the point? The drinks are a great benefit but I always buy the drink package so that negates any benefit there. I once ducked a rope (on accident?) and boarded with the Diamond +'s and that was pretty sweet. Still I think we boarded after the suite guests.

Really just curious..

Just a step on the way to the next level really.