Vancouver cruise parking

nacsivmw

We will be driving from the Seattle area for our cruise leaving Vancouver this coming April, 2018. Parking very close to the cruise port is pricey and I have been looking at long term parking at YVR. Is it possible to park at YVR if you are not flying in or out of the airport? It appears that I can get a very good price online for 17 nights parking. It also looks like we can then take the Canada Line SkyTrain from YVR to the cruise port. Just trying to get feedback from anyone on CC who has done this. Thanks, in advance, for any tips!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes, you can park at YVR even if you're not flying - and yes, it's then a nice cheap SkyTrain ride downtown. The only annoyance is that the cheap long-term car park is pretty far from the terminal, so you might wait a while in the weather for the parking shuttle (IIRC they're about every 20mins).

Also research park 'n fly options.... then again, that room will cost more than $90 for the week at YVR.

What I would do....

1. drive to the cruise terminal and be the first to drop off luggage and passengers at 10am.
  2. turn around solo and get to the airport YVR lot around 10:45.
  3. catch the shuttle to YVR around 11am.
  4. catch the Canada Line at the airport and arrive downtown around 11:45am with your other passengers.