2020 World Cruise Survey released onboard

The-Inside-Cabin

We received the survey at home by e-mail yesterday. Not associated to our 5-star Mariner number but associated to a "0" Star Mariner number I had created a few years ago to get HAL prices in USD dollars instead of the regular CAD dollars related to our regular account. :confused::confused:

Those of us on the 2018 world cruise were asked to complete a survey about 4 possible 2020 schedules. Complete list on the blog www.theinsidecabin.com

Here is my favorite

MapAGWV2020.jpg

That would be our second pick, our first is the China/Japan/Africa version.

To call one of options Machu Picchu is hilarious, that is the absolute worst time of year to go there as it is the height of their rainy season. Trains and planes both can be impacted by the weather that time of year.

That would be our second pick, our first is the China/Japan/Africa version.

To call one of options Machu Picchu is hilarious, that is the absolute worst time of year to go there as it is the height of their rainy season. Trains and planes both can be impacted by the weather that time of year.

The names were my creation. HAL didn't call them anything except A, B, C etc,,,,,I just filled in possible overlands based on geography..

That's a very unique itinerary; very nice! She does China & Japan just about every year. Plus a stop in Mumbai where she hasn't been in a while! Very cool! :)

I am confused, the WC hardly ever does China and Japan and seems to always do Mumbai. Maybe my frame of reference is too short but there was great hoopla when it included China and Japan last year. Many thought it was a recipe for disaster due to the time of year. It was cold, single digits in South Korea one morning but we had a great time in all the northern Asia ports. As too Mumbai, some said they were not even getting off the ship they had been there so often.

Option 2 is almost identical to the 2019 World Cruise until Sydney (we're on the leg to Sydney). I was excited about the prospect of visiting Machu Picchu until I saw the price of the typical excursion there. Then I heard from friends that it's rainy season and I decided I'd just try to go another time. HAL isn't showing this yet as an excursion for 2019, but not all ports are showing excursions yet so I presume that it could still be added.

• 4 weeks later...
Which one' date=' I have no idea for 2020, but I do think it is picked already and they are planning other cruises around it[/quote']

Good point. I see the Amsterdam already has a cruise scheduled for 5/12/2020 so that would seem to eliminate choice #4.

Choices 2 and 3 would give you a 14 day gap while #1 gives you a 12 day gap . Leaving a 14 day gap would seem more likely so maybe #2 or #3 is the winner .;);)

So am I to infer that the World Cruise is geared to those who have done a WC before? As a first timer, would I be out of place or unwelcome?

Roz

So am I to infer that the World Cruise is geared to those who have done a WC before? As a first timer, would I be out of place or unwelcome?

Roz

We did our 1st world cruise last year, we didn't feel out of place or unwelcome . There were plenty of other first timers ( or 2nd and 3rd) .

I know some of the blogs make it sound kind of like cliches rule the ship but we didn't find that to be true . They most probably exist, but it's a big ship .:D

We did our 1st world cruise last year, we didn't feel out of place or unwelcome . There were plenty of other first timers ( or 2nd and 3rd) .

I know some of the blogs make it sound kind of like cliches rule the ship but we didn't find that to be true . They most probably exist, but it's a big ship .:D

of course that's cliques not cliches....my bad:rolleyes: