Any ideas on where the Jade will go November 7 2019 ?

Desert_ Dweller

The Jade disembarks in Rome (Civitavecchia) November 7 2019.

We are booked on Jade for that cruise, but were wondering if there is likely to be a transatlantic following that last posted cruise. Nothing showing at all after that.

Is there any chance they may leave the Jade in Europe for the winter months?

I know there are still several ships without a late 2019 itinerary, but some of our CC friends are far more knowledgeable than I, and just might have some insight.

We can always find a flight back to the US, but if there is an option for the Jade

doing a transatlantic, that would be our first choice. There will be the Epic from Barcelona, the Star from Barcelona and the Encore (don't know when though) all returning to the US.

Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.

The Epic and Star fall 2019 transatlantic cruises are now available for booking. They both leave Barcelona on November 22nd ... too late for me to use to get home from the Jade cruise ending November 7th.

The Getaway October 20, 2019 TA has a wonderful itinerary but is unfortunately too early. Have to confess I keep looking at other Med/Greek Isles cruises to see if something similar to what we have booked on the Jade would work with the Getaway TA. We love the Jewel class ships and I think our roll call is the best I've ever experienced so would hate to change cruises.

I'm hoping (wishful thinking) that the Encore transatlantic will work with our Jade cruise and that the TA has a good itinerary. We're also watching to see what happens with the Jade after our cruise.

The Jade spring 2019 TA has also not yet been published.

NCL has said the Spirit is planning on the Southampton 2019 sailings however no published sailings yet, which is a bit strange and late. (The other lines are actively marketing Southampton 2019 sailings). I think for the uk bookings they have big travel shows and deposits are non refundable so NCL may have some kinks they’re working on with their 2019 schedules to be missing out on this pretty big booking window.

My guess is they’ll be posting soon for Southampton 2019 season (presumably as reported, on the Spirit) and Jade ta’s. I’ll feel much better about our sailing once the Spirit 2019 and Jade schedule for November 7 is published.

My pcc said he would contact me as soon as Jade November 7 is open. Said he has several customers waiting on it.

The Encore is scheduled to do the ta end of October 2019.

• 4 weeks later...

It's been another month and we still have no clue about what the Jade will be doing After Nov. 7, 2019. Anybody with inside connections willing to share? We are sooo hoping to have a TA back to the States.:)

Come on, NCL!!! Post your plans for the fall of 2019 for all those Jewel class ships... please!!!

It's been another month and we still have no clue about what the Jade will be doing After Nov. 7, 2019. Anybody with inside connections willing to share? We are sooo hoping to have a TA back to the States.:)

Come on, NCL!!! Post your plans for the fall of 2019 for all those Jewel class ships... please!!!

Can feel your pain (:()

I am still waiting to see how jade is getting across the pond april / may 2019. Still live in hope that the T/A is going to Southampton.:loudcry::loudcry:

I wonder if they will keep the Jade in Europe ?

November of 2019 has the Encore the Epic and the Star all doing the transatlantic crossing. It's not even showing on the NCL web site that the Star has a TA in November of 2019, unless you look at the Star's itinerary on it's own . Just what NCL needs is another ship doing the crossing and looking for at least another 2000 passengers in November.;p;p..... just sayin'.

Any ideas ??

I wonder if they will keep the Jade in Europe ?

November of 2019 has the Encore the Epic and the Star all doing the transatlantic crossing. It's not even showing on the NCL web site that the Star has a TA in November of 2019, unless you look at the Star's itinerary on it's own . Just what NCL needs is another ship doing the crossing and looking for at least another 2000 passengers in November.;p;p..... just sayin'.

Any ideas ??

I see on your spreadsheet you are in same cabin I was in. Balcony is so large you can fit quite a few people

• 1 month later...

Jade, Jewel, Pearl and Spirit all have not yet had their October 2019- April 2020 schedules published. I think this is due to several factors:

1. Firming up of charters in the Caribbean for winter 2019/20 - Jade and Pearl are usually heavily charted from Miami / Tampa during this period

2. Waiting to see what capacity will be needed in Europe and Australia for that timeframe, and which ship(s) best match.

3. With Encore launching management may be looking to see how the Spirit fits into the fleet going forward, and what its role may be. The Spirit is the oldest, smallest ship in the fleet and the least "NCL like" due to its history with Star Cruises as the SuperStar Leo prior to the transfer to NCL.

4. Cuba - NCL seems committed to this market. Carnival recently announce the Sunshine from Charleston, so there may be opportunity for a ship the size of the Spirit/Jade/Jewel/Pearl to also visit Havana, possibly adding cruises from Tampa.

Unlike years past I am seeing a more conservative approach by NCL management when it comes to deployment announcements. I think they are wanting to avoid the fleet shuffles and cancellations of cruises (primarily from charters) that we have seen all too often the last few years.

They have gone back and forth between Jade, EPIC and Spirit (Maybe Star at one point??) all being the year-round Med ships at various points in time. I see NCL staying committed to the market, but unsure which vessel it will be for winter 2019/20. The winter cruises from Barcelona are hugely popular with their UK/Ireland and German client bases.

• 3 weeks later...

A quick update: I spoke with a fairly reliable source within NCL on Monday and asked about the schedules for the Jade, Jewel, Pearl and Spirit for fall/winter/spring 2019-20. He informed me that they are still working on the winter 2019-20 charter contracts as well as evaluating the needs for the winter Mediterranean season and which ship may stay. They are holding back deployments on these ships until at least mid to late August in hopes of avoiding cancellations of cruises or ship redeployment like we have seen in the past. He stated they would rather have a later deployment than their peers rather than disrupting many guest travel plans.

• 4 months later...

So we finally know where the Jade it going and we have tentatively booked it.

21-Day Greece, Holy Land, Egypt & Abu Dhabi from Rome    Nov. 7-28, 2019  It looks incredible.  Of course that means no TA and a long flight from Dubai, but....Egypt,  Israel, Jordan, Oman Suez Canal....

The next leg for the Jade  is also showing  17-Day Journey to The East from Dubai  Nov. 28-Dec. 15.  It is going to India and ends up in Singapore.  Since I have no desire to do India or Sri Lanka,  I'll pass

I’ve been waiting for the India cruise...but, it’s a bit early and not as good as Celebrity’s Dubai to Singapore run that it will do a few times.  Guess I’ll head in that direction. I may still break the bank and go for Oceania’s Dubai to Capetown. But, trying to do a safari after a 30 day O cruise is a real budget buster...even if we stick to an inside. 

1 hour ago, buggins0402 said:

I’ve been waiting for the India cruise...but, it’s a bit early and not as good as Celebrity’s Dubai to Singapore run that it will do a few times.  Guess I’ll head in that direction. I may still break the bank and go for Oceania’s Dubai to Capetown. But, trying to do a safari after a 30 day O cruise is a real budget buster...even if we stick to an inside. 

Norwegian Spirit is doing the Dubai to Capetown in spring 2020.

42 minutes ago, bluesea777 said:

Norwegian Spirit is doing the Dubai to Capetown in spring 2020.

Too late ...looking to escape winter here.  The O cruise does India and ends in Africa. It’s perfect, except it goes through the holidays...and of course price. 

On 10/16/2018 at 10:57 PM, 31 cents said:

So we finally know where the Jade it going and we have tentatively booked it.

21-Day Greece, Holy Land, Egypt & Abu Dhabi from Rome    Nov. 7-28, 2019  It looks incredible.  Of course that means no TA and a long flight from Dubai, but....Egypt,  Israel, Jordan, Oman Suez Canal....

The next leg for the Jade  is also showing  17-Day Journey to The East from Dubai  Nov. 28-Dec. 15.  It is going to India and ends up in Singapore.  Since I have no desire to do India or Sri Lanka,  I'll pass

Can I ask where you saw this?  I would love to see the Christmas/New Year itineraries for 2019.  🙂