Puerto Vallarta - Ultimate Adrenaline Bay Experience with Lunch

VegasMark

Hello - I'm wondering if anyone has done the above referenced tour, which is offered by Carnival (and possibly others). It looks interesting, but only has one review. Any input would be much appreciated! Thanks!

• 3 months later...

I wanted to reply to this post with my review, as we did end up going. I'd highly recommend this excursion:

My wife and I went on this excursion. We were persuaded by the one review that was up at the time, which indicated more activities than the Carnival description. We were glad that the review was accurate!

We started by meeting just off the ship and once our group had signed some forms, we walked about ten minutes to a small speed boat. We were told to put all of our belongings in provided large waterproof bags. We then sped across the ocean for about twenty minutes to the site of all of our activities.

We divided into three groups of about seven people each. Our group transferred directly onto the Thriller speed boat. This was a super fun ride, and even my wife who has issues with motion rides really enjoyed it.

We then went onto land where we could retrieve our belongings. We were told to come into a small pool where several stingrays were floating around along with some fish. One of the staffers was holding a stingray and was available for questions. We were allowed to pet the stingray and hold it for some photos. We then had a few minutes where we could snorkel in the pool.

Just outside the pool, they brought over a sea lion. We were able to put out hands on her and pose for a kiss.

Next, we went into the ocean to power snorkel. Our sea lion came out briefly to join us.

At this point, we went up to a brand new 200 meter long enclosed water slide. I'm not a fan of totally dark slides, and that is exactly what this is for about the first half. The second half has different plastic, which let light in. It is definitely a fun ride, I just wish it wasn't totally dark in the beginning.

After that, we went back up the hill to go down the zip line. We were told that only those under 19 could go down the slide due to injuries that have occurred. The zip line into the water is short, but fun.

Then we swam over to the blob, which was also fun, but beats up the bodies of us middle-aged folks. I'd do it again though.

Finally, we went back up the hill where our lunch of steak, turkey, or vegetarian sandwiches and fresh potato wedges were brought right to us in a breathtaking environment. The bartender was literally running around to serve everyone the freshest possible drinks. Everything was delish. We even got a sort of donut for desert. I was a little worried about eating and drinking food in Mexico, but we had no issues.

Overall, we were very well taken care of an enjoyed our time there. The only complaints I'd mention are that I wish we had a little more time with the sea lion and snorkeling. We only had about 20 seconds each with the sea lion, and maybe ten minutes to snorkel. If we had five minutes each (even five minutes per family) and twenty minutes to snorkel, it would have made a big difference. The photos are expensive, but nice to have. We were not told that we could not take photos, as has been the case with other excursions, it just would have been difficult to do it.