Intrepid Museum visit prior to NCL Breakaway embarkation

Magicbar

First time sailing out of NYC. I will be visiting the Intrepid Museum prior to hopping on the NCL Breakaway.

My question is, do I drop luggage, check in and then go to Intrepid or should I drop luggage, go to Intrepid and check in on my return to the terminal?

Thanks in advance for any assistance or recommendations.

Typically, BA arrived back in port earlier, around 7 AM for a schedule 8 AM docking time ... but, sometimes late & inconsistent, a bit early this morning riding out the monster cyclone storm. Regardless, porters are and should be there before 8 AM and there will be some upstairs on level 2 (departure) taking checked luggage already.

Security lines won't open till 9 or 9:30 and check-in to follow once inside vs. the musuem opening at 10 (please reconfirm directly) - just keep the valuable items, passports & eDocs, medications, camera & other essentials in a smaller day/backpack or "cabin tote" to do the touring. Drop the luggage outside at curbside with the porter, make sure it is properly tagged for the ship/stateroom, etc. - then, go explore, walk is about 10 minutes just south of Pier 88.

That should give you 2.5 to 3 hours of leisure touring the exhibits, aim to be back at 1 PM or no later than 1:30 PM to get thru security & complete pier check-in (gangways will take you to deck 8, AFT elevators being the easiest for the Garden Cafe.) Most would be onboard by then so wait should be minimal.

Extra info, MDR will be closed for sit-down lunch by 1:30 PM but buffet, deck 15 AFT should remain open till 2 to 2:15 PM for a quick bit before all guest services suspended to prepare for the mandatory muster/safety drill at 2:30 PM ... for its typical 7 days Florida/GSC/Bahamas sailing, over the next several runs before doing its T/A.

I've gotten to the Pier as early as 8am and they took my luggage on the ground floor (arrivals) but did double check with me that I was departing, plus the tip that was in my hand did not hurt.

Just remember from the Intrepid site: https://www.intrepidmuseum.org/Visitor-Tips-and-Guidelines

• All bags and/or camera cases will be inspected prior to entering the Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum
    (the “Museum”).
  • Bag and coat check facilities are not available. All belongings, including bags, strollers and luggage must remain with visitors at all times.

• 1 year later...

The Intrepid is a huge museum so prioritize what you want to see.  Here are some logical groupings:

The aircraft on the flight deck

The walkthrough of the ship tower

The walkthrough of crew quarters, anchor bay, marines area - forward area below flight deck

The walkthrough of the mess area - forward from cafeteria

Hangar Deck exhibits - 3 areas of varying exhibits (my favorite is climbing into a Gemini Space Capsule)

Space Displays with Shuttle Enterprise in aft building on flight deck

• Thanks 1